Background Blitz - Here be dragons (WINNERS!1!!!)

Started by WRK, Fri 10/04/2015 14:19:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Oops, I didn't got to vote on this one. Sorry. :-[

Anyway, congrats to all, amazing pieces of art you all managed to squeeze in here. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SinSin

Congrats to Greenbeams.:-D

Good hustle people, good hustle!!
Currently working on a project!

GreenBeams

Yay!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D

Thanks so much for the votes and kind words :-D

I heartely agree with Misj - whatever you've got, get it in there as people might just like it anyway!

I have a question though, if i host the competition , do i have to sit it out or can i still enter and just duck out of the voting part? I only ask because i didn't much like sitting on the fence last time :~(

Congrats to everyone on their new Jackalope!

selmiak

congrats greenbeams, misj and loominous and other participants. That was a fun and interessesting contest. :-D

Misj'

Quote from: GreenBeams on Mon 04/05/2015 23:00:44
I have a question though, if i host the competition , do i have to sit it out or can i still enter and just duck out of the voting part? I only ask because i didn't much like sitting on the fence last time :~(
yeah, it's the curse of winning. I never join when I host, simply because I'd have an unfair advantage (not in the voting, but because I'd have extra time to think about it...I already have ideas for two future blitzes should I ever win).

Mandle

Quote from: Amy on Mon 04/05/2015 14:41:59
In former times, with your talent, you would have to illustrate 'Oliver Twist' or 'David Copperfield' for Charles Dickens instead of AGS.

Why only in former times?

I want to see those exact grim tales penciled by Mr. Green right now!!!

loominous

Quote from: GreenBeams on Mon 04/05/2015 23:00:44

I think the host should be able to enter, and also able to get votes. One could argue that the host could abuse the system, but it's a friendly activity, and it's a shame that the host needs to sit by the sidelines.

Personally I also think that the next host could be determined by a coin toss, to spread the hosting around. (the former host could just pick a participant at random).

Quote from: Amy on Sun 03/05/2015 14:45:54
@loominous: As longtime member :smiley: crafting fine art :cheesy:, do you have something playable?

Only have prototypes, though with my own engines, so, not really, but I hope to start on something soon.
Looking for a writer

GreenBeams

I've got several ideas for this one but, tbh, they're more sort of story concepts than they are backgrounds. I'm more than willing to let anyone else take the reigns if they'd like? If i don't hear from anyone about it then i'll just post the best idea i have tomorrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk