AGS Awards Ceremony Client App - Feedback, bug reports, suggestions

Started by Snarky, Mon 02/03/2015 01:42:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Ahead of the actual awards ceremony, it would be great if as many people as possible could join me for a beta test of the updated AGS-IRC client. In previous years it's sometimes been a bit crashy, but in my own testing I haven't been able to break it. (You might think that is good news, but it's actually quite worrying, because the crash you can't reproduce is the crash you can't fix.) To give the highest chance of a successful main event, it's essential to really put the client through its paces in a beta test.

This coming Sunday, 8. March, would be good for me. (Gives me time to finish a few bits that are still missing, but also to fix any errors we discover.) I just picked an arbitrary time, 15:00 GMT, as a starting proposal, it can just as well be earlier or later. (I'll probably be working on it all day anyway.) The weekend seems like the most reasonable time in general, particularly for different time zones, but if many people would prefer another day, let me know!

Edit: Yes, Sunday at 15:00 UTC it is!

Even if you're spending the day playing the nominated games so you can vote, you can just have the client running in the background.

So please indicate if you are able to join a beta test on that day/time, and if not, when you might be available instead. Thanks!

[imgzoom]http://i.cubeupload.com/N62Son.png[/imgzoom]

Edit: As seen in the thread title, there will be another beta test next Sunday at the same time (Sunday 15. March 15:00 UTC). Download now no longer available!

Edit 2: And again, there will be a final beta test this Friday night, (Friday 20. March 20:00 UTC).

Edit 3: The betas are now over. Oh God what if it doesn't work on Sunday?!

Edit 4: Phew, it's done! You can now leave feedback, bug reports or suggestions here.

Edit 5: The source and resources for the client are now available for download along with the final build.

Downloads:
* AGS Client final build 1.0
* Source (with some resources stripped out)
* Graphics pack (psd files of the backgrounds and certain other graphics)

Gurok

I'm interested! I'll endeavour to be awake at that time. It works out to 2 AM Monday morning for me. Two hours earlier would be nice, but we'll see how it works out for others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=AGS+Awards+Beta+Test&iso=20150308T15
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

I'll probably be able to stop by. I dropped my wallet somewhere in that hall last year so gonna take a look for it.

Ponch

That's about eight in the morning for me. I can probably drop by and check things out. Maybe carve my name into the edge of the stage... Pee in the corner... :=

Stupot

Myinah

selmiak

I should be there. The more the merrier and the stressier for the server/client.

Cassiebsg

I can' promise to be there as I don't know if am home by that time, but if I am I'll turn it on and let it run. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AprilSkies

Count me in. Sunday is fine all the the day.. more or less.
One question: will it take place on AGS or AGSA IRC?

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Snarky

... There are multiple AGS IRC servers? ???
That's news to me. The client is set to connect to irc.agsarchives.com, and I didn't realize there was an alternative. Does it matter?

AprilSkies

Thanks for the answer ^^
Quote from: Snarky on Mon 02/03/2015 18:40:56
... There are multiple AGS IRC servers?
I asked 'cause I was in doubt between irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk and irc.agsarchives.com ^^ but prolly it was indeed a silly question, prolly the Ceremony connect automatically on the right one. I don't remember how it worked last years.

Problem

I should be at home at that time, so you can count me in. :)

Snarky

HanaIndiana

Yep, I'd like to help. That's 7am Sunday for me, and I'll probably be up playing games anyways.

Baron

miguel

I'll probably drop by and tell a joke or two about early XVIII century's metallurgic tendencies on door frames. 
Working on a RON game!!!!!

zorra

cat

There is a familiy meeting I have to attend at the given time. But if it is of any use, I could login to the chat around noon and keep the program running so more people are connected.

AprilSkies

m0ds

Who is that stood next to OceanSpirit Dennis? Is it John Sinclair?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk