Mittens 2015 New Orleans August 7 - 14

Started by Disco, Sun 04/01/2015 05:22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

AGA

Disco

Well...I was actually thinking about scoping out the area behind the house for a hose and proper drainage, and if both are available, we could either get a small portable pool or two or engineering some small backyard sprinkler recreational situation.

Snarky

Oh Kenneth, I'm disappointed in you...

[embed=640,360]http://youtu.be/rnLofBkLaAA[/embed]

For the record, I'm up for bathing in whatever body of water we may find or create.

Disco

Haha, I know! Normally my ideas are something to be much more proud of. We shall all get wet, one way or another.

I did look up water parks in the area. The closest large one is in Baton Rouge (90 minutes by car). I would have listed it as a possibility, but the website calendar seems to indicate they are not open most of the days we are around. It may be a glitch, since not being open much of August seems like bad business to me.

noavana

Good options, Berian!
I was thinking that if the most (or all of us) will want to go to a tour we should check if there's a discount group rate. Might save us some dollars. The steamboat for example has a cheaper rate for groups of 12 or more (26$ instead of 29$).
Also, I'll check if maybe there are coupons for NOLA in websites like groupon. Might save us even more money.
I'll post them here if I find anything interesting:

1.The same haunted tours company with 15$ for one, 29$ for 2 and 55$ for 4 people
With some fine print:
Spoiler
Valid only for the Haunted History Cemetery Tour (Monday to Saturday: 10 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. and Sunday at 10 a.m.), The Garden District Tour (11:30 a.m. daily), The Garden District Ghost and Legends Tour (2:30 p.m. daily), The New Orleans Scandal Tour (daily at 5:30 p.m.), The 5-in-One Ghost & Mystery Tour (5 p.m. only), or the Haunted History Ghost Tour (3 p.m. daily)
[close]
2.A coupon for a haunted private tour (up to 27 ppl) for 150 $
3. guided adventure tour. sounds like fun! 19$ for 2, 39$ for 4

Disco, I've sent you a PM with our local numbers.
Noa

Disco

Just curious what table games people plan on bringing?

Kayla has Boss Monster, which is quite fun and retro and pixelly. She also has Fluxx and Zombie Dice.

Esseb

Snarky

Resistance and Dune (and a fierce determination to force persuade someone to play it).

MillsJROSS

Pandemic, Star Trek themed Catan, and a few others from me.

Snarky

We haven't fully worked out the logistics of arrival yet, have we?

Quote from: Disco on Sun 04/01/2015 05:22:57
Attendees
Snarky - Arrival on August 6
Quintaros - Arrival at MSY 11:45
Tzach - Arrival at MSY 12:09
Noa - Arrival at MSY 12:09
Grundy - Arrival at MSY 12:09
Disco - Arrival at Amtrak Station 15:32
violetnotpurple - Arrival to Amtrak Station 15:32
Esseb - Arrival at MSY 18:56
AGA - driving
Tamara - driving
MillsJRoss - driving
ddq - driving

I'm staying in a hotel near the airport, and I propose to meet up with Quintaros, Tzach, Noa and Grundy there. Mills, you want to join us there, if you're getting in early?

We should have some time before joining Disco and vnp at the Amtrak station. Depending on when the other driving people are getting there, maybe one of you could pick up Esseb at the airport?

MillsJROSS

Sure, I'll join. I don't have a time nailed down, but I'd guess I'll be there sometime between 10-12am. It just depends on how tired I get on the drive over here.

Could you PM me the hotel location and phone number.

Grundislav

If Gunnar's hotel is near the airport and Mills gets there by noon, would it be possible for you to pick us up at the airport? By "us" I mean Darren, Tzach, Noa, and me.

Snarky

I don't have a car (or indeed a valid driver's license), but I'll certainly meet up with you there.

(I take it three cars is sufficient for our transportation needs, and that we don't need to rent another one?)

Grundislav

I meant could Mills take us over to your hotel. And yes, there's 12 of us and 3 cars, so that should work out perfectly.

Snarky

Oh, well, I'll have checked out by the time you arrive (it's only for that first night; I wasn't planning to spend Mittens in an airport hotel), so I'm not sure I see the point?

Quintaros

Okay, so I guess we're meeting at the airport not the hotel.  It wasn't clear to me before either.

Miez

Have a lot of fun Mitteneers! Wish I could be there, say hi to Gabriel Knight from me :D

Grundislav

Ah, ok. I misunderstood the meeting point as well. I guess meeting at the airport is the best option!

Snarky

Quote from: Quintaros on Wed 05/08/2015 20:10:00
Okay, so I guess we're meeting at the airport not the hotel.  It wasn't clear to me before either.

Ah, yes, sorry. I didn't realize that the "there" was ambiguous when I wrote it. Meet at the airport, definitely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk