June MAG's....Blackudder: To doubloon or not to doubloon

Started by Slasher, Sat 11/06/2016 13:50:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

---------------Entry for June's MAG--------------

Blackudder: To doubloon or not to doubloon

My entry for June's MAG is a parady based on fact of an era when Queen Elizabeth I commissioned Sir Francis Drake to plunder the sunken or destroyed Spanish galleons in the West Indies (Carribean) and bring their treasures back to England.

Of course this is just the background setting for the story and it did not anticipate that one such person, namely Edmund Blackudder would become involved with the plundering of these sunken galleons.

With her majesty's birthday only 8 months away and Blackudder being skint, he needs a cunning plan that's cunning else he will get the 'chop'!

Blackudder overhears Sir Francis Drake blabbing on about plundering treasure from the Spanish galleons in the West Indies.

Blackudder decides to beat Drake to the West Indies and pinch some of the Spanish treasures for himself therby affording the Queen a birthday present and will assure him a place in her affections. He also hopes she will make him a Lord (he already presumes the title of Lord)....and above all: spare him the 'chop'!

Of course things do not start according to plan when Baldick (Blackudders' put-upon sidekick) tells Blackudder that his boat has been repossessed!

Follow Blackudders' exploits on the high seas.

Catchy parady song to sing along to with a twist of fate...

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2066/

Comments welcomed

Blondbraid

I just played the game, and I think it stayed pretty true to the tv series. For a game made in such short time I think that it holds up well. (nod)

Cassiebsg

Also managed to play it last night. (nod) Nice little game.
Though, I must admit that
Spoiler

The controls got me nuts! (laugh) Took me ages to figure out how to leave the ship.(roll)
[close]

Other than that, sweet! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

I just finished playing and I must just say:

Trust a bloody old fart of a Brit to completely understand the comedy recipe of Blackadder!!!

The gameplay is good...I mean...don't get me wrong...

BUT!!! The script of the game so perfectly follows an episode of Blackadder that it SHOULD be an episode!!!

Except, this time, I wasn't just waiting to laugh at the:

SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler
Eventual and inescapable failure of the "cunning plan"...
NO! I was dreading it after all my hard work getting all those treasures!
[close]

It's a much different feeling when you are watching someone else being the comedic fallguy than when you yourself are being that fallguy...

I knew that the...

EXTREME SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler
boat was going to sink (well foreshadowed by the way, and in the vein of the show where Blackadder never listens to Baldrick's occasional gems of actual wisdom)

but I really was hoping that the comedy formula of the show was not going to be applied in just my special case...

And then it was...And I had a good laugh at my own expense...
[close]

Slasher (yeah, I'm never going to call you "Mystery Man"), you are a natural comedian: You understand very well the formula of comedy, and how it should be hokey and campy and hinky, and anything else with four letters ended with a "y"...

I have never failed to get a smile and a laugh out of whatever games you manage to pull out of your arse in a week or two...

Please...oh...please keep doing what you do!

Mandle

Now go change your name back to Slasher...Then go home and get your f***ing shinebox...

And then I will vote for your game...

Spoiler
Just kidding mate...Your game has my vote for this MAGS!

Spoiler
No really...I'm serious...Exceeeeeppptt...

Spoiler
Change your fucking name back to Slasher and then go home and get your fucking shinebox...
[close]
[close]
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk