Scenario 5B (v.0.2 with Italian translation)

Started by Hobo, Thu 05/03/2015 19:38:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobo

Scenario 5B

Download here

Tied to a bed and slowly losing control over your body? A small sci-fi adventure for the February 2015 MAGS competition "Losing Something"
As most MAGS games, it's a bit rough around the edges and extremely short, but hopefully still an enjoyable experience.

Team:
Design, Writing, art and programming: Hobo
Music and additional programming: Cino
Italian translation: Stefano Siclari

Thanks to Lemonhead for the "Extended ALARCOST (BASS) 1.4" template

You can play the Italian version of the game by changing the game language in the winsetup.exe.

AprilSkies

Congratz for the release Hobo!
What a wonderful pixeling!
Tomorrow I'll have some free time to play it! Can't wait!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AprilSkies

Great Game!
Short but intense!
Art is excellent and you succeded in creating a great atmosphere!
Very interesting!

I hope you go on with this, expanding it!

Ibispi

Nice game and idea too, Hobo!

warning, spoiler question:
Spoiler
I assume the game ends when the protagonist falls off the ladder?
[close]

Quote from: AprilSkies on Fri 06/03/2015 10:43:56
Agree, it's a nice concept for a longer adventure game. (nod)

Mandle

Awesome atmosphere and a haunting game...Very nice MAGs entry!

Am I right in thinking that the story is:

Spoiler
You think you're human but in fact you are an A.I. android being used to test some theory on escape instincts despite having your abilities shut down by remote control?
[close]

Hobo

Hey, thanks for playing it AprilSkies, BSP and Mandle!

Quote from: AprilSkies on Fri 06/03/2015 10:43:56
I do have some ideas about how to go on with the story and I also had to cut stuff from the current version, so I'm pretty sure that I'll make a longer version eventually, but right now I really want to get back to finishing Ehcilc, so probably not any time soon.

@BSP - That thing and the final conversation is indeed the end at the moment. It may feel a bit sudden or even confusing, but I just didn't have time to flesh it out properly.

@Mandle - Yes, you're right on track. How very observantly sherlockian of you :)
Spoiler
That's also why the environment and some of the actions you can do feel a bit weird, everything is deliberately placed and acted out to test the scenario.
[close]

xil

I've been treated twice in a row now with MAGS games with an excellent sci-fi dystopian feel :)

I really like the graphics, they perfectly complement the interface, the sounds and general feel of the game. I wouldn't have said it was rough around the edges at all, it feels very polished but I do wish there was a little bit more of it :) Overall, great job!
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

HanaIndiana

Great immersion! It sucked me in right away. Short but intense, with lovely graphics and gameplay.

Gurok

I loved this. Very dark and the ending was very abrupt. Graphics and sound were excellent throughout.
Spoiler
Kind of wanted to keep playing when the subject's hearing returned.
[close]
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Hobo

Thanks for playing and commenting xil, HanaIndyana and Gurok.

selmiak

I totally <3 these kind of settings, I wanted to play more!

ThreeOhFour

A fantastic little game, you clearly put plenty of effort into this. I was impressed at how many custom animations there were, at how consistent the graphics were and the overall quality of the art. I also thought the core concept of losing things was a fantastic idea, even if you ran out of space to utilize its full potential. The idea behind the story was very fun, too. Great work and thanks for the game, I enjoyed it a lot! :smiley:

Hobo

Thanks for playing selmiak and ThreeOhFour!

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sat 14/03/2015 01:56:14
even if you ran out of space to utilize its full potential.
Yeah, it was supposed to be a bit longer and I had a whole another room planned out, so that you would lose your senses more gradually and actually use that concept in solving puzzles. An earlier version also had the sense of touch in the GUI and a puzzle relating to not feeling temperature and pain.

Also, the game is now available in Italian. It was translated by Stefano Siclari and implemented by Cino. I didn't take part of the translation process myself, but both Stefano and Cino are nice and professional people, so I'm sure it's of excellent quality.

AprilSkies

In Italian?
WOW! that's great Hobo.

Also congratz for winning the MAGS

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Hobo on Fri 20/03/2015 19:42:30
Yeah, it was supposed to be a bit longer and I had a whole another room planned out, so that you would lose your senses more gradually and actually use that concept in solving puzzles. An earlier version also had the sense of touch in the GUI and a puzzle relating to not feeling temperature and pain.

I kinda thought this might be the case! Still, it was an enjoyable game without it, and editing in order to finish in time (especially with this level of polish) is quite understandable. :smiley:

Chicky

Really fun game Hobo, despite the rush I think you handled the ending well. Yup, would've been nice to play out another room or two with less senses, but I enjoyed what you've created here. Will be keeping my eye out for a follow up ;) Well done to Cino on the awesome music :)

luisdementia

Great game, I enjoyed it a lot. Hope to see a larger version some time :)

Hobo

Quote from: luisdementia on Mon 11/04/2016 12:06:16

Thanks for playing! I do have some ideas for the enhanced version of the game and plan to tell the story from different perspectives, but because of my other projects it will probably take a year or two before I actually get to it.

luisdementia

Quote from: Hobo on Sun 17/04/2016 19:26:39
Quote from: luisdementia on Mon 11/04/2016 12:06:16

Thanks for playing! I do have some ideas for the enhanced version of the game and plan to tell the story from different perspectives, but because of my other projects it will probably take a year or two before I actually get to it.

Looking forward to it! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk