Before the Dark Crystal

Started by Marion, Fri 20/03/2015 10:14:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

GAME IS RELEASED!
>> COMPLETED GAMES THREAD <<

Hello AGSers :)
I am currently working on a new point & click game. This one will be based on the movie "The Dark Crystal" and will take place some years before the events of the movie. You will have to help a young Gelfling to survive in the Skeksis castle. Everything is drawned and animated by hands. Here are some screenshots :

The menu :

the main character in the Scrollkeeper's office :

the Crystal Chamber, slave Podlings, SkekShod the Treasurer, and a Garthim soldier :

AprilSkies

I'm speechless! I love the art! Really good work! Good luck for this very promising project!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AprilSkies

It reminds me a lot of French Fantasy comic books!
Somehow it made me think when, more than 15 years ago, I bought La Quête de l'oiseau du temps (I bought it in France)... Sweet memories.
I'm really looking forward to play it!
I can't stop watching ur screenies.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

ThreeOhFour

This looks beautiful! Great work Marion. :cheesy:

AnasAbdin

Great work Marion! Love the style ;-D

Quote from: AprilSkies on Fri 20/03/2015 11:30:12It reminds me a lot of French Fantasy comic books!

I swear these comics were the first thing I thought of before reading your comment!

Monsieur OUXX

That's really pretty, lots of atmosphere, original style.
Out of sheer curiosity: Marion, how did you generate the graphics? I know that you're very creative with ripping some existing graphics from comics, etc. (I'm still impressed by how you totally hacked the Ultima Online graphics to make a Harry Potter game -- and it worked!)
So, is this from a comic, or did you find a skilled artist (yourself?) to generate those?

Billbis

Marion knows a a thing or two about drawing. ;) Graphics are done by her for this game.
Also, here.

NickyNyce

One of my favorite movies and stories of all time. (nod)

Glad it's in good hands. Looking forward to it.

Marion

Thank you very much to all :)
Yes I have drawn everything myself, I am a French comic book drawer, then... :)
I know I don't always have the time to draw myself the graphics of my games, that's why I often rip other games' graphics, but for this one I wanted to draw everything. I am happy you enjoy it :)
(and I love la Quête de l'Oiseau du Temps ;) )

Mandle

Quote from: Billbis on Fri 20/03/2015 13:46:48
Marion knows a a thing or two about drawing. ;) Graphics are done by her for this game.
Also, here.

MIND BLOWN!!!

Grok

shaun9991

Wow, impressive stuff! Looking forward to it.
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Darth Mandarb

Fan-freakin-tastic!!

The Dark Crystal is one of my favorite fantasy movies of all time!  The music, the magic (of puppets and not CGI), the creativity of it.

I have written a sequel to The Dark Crystal that I've always wanted to make a game out of.  It's called The Song Crystal and is set 1000 years after The Dark Crystal.  I won't give away more (or hijack your thread) though!

Great job, can't wait to see how this pans out!

Marion

Thank you all :)
Darth Mandarb : Don't give up ! I would enjoy playing a sequel game to my favorite movie ever :)

Bavolis

Looks fantastic! The world needs more Froud/Henson inspired stuff.

Kasander

Hey Marion, have you read L'Épée de Cristal? I think you've just outdone Crisse himself!
Your art is such a pleasure to an eye. Keep it up!

Marion

Thank you :)
Bavolis : I totally agree !
Kasander : Yes I have read it, I LOVE Crisse's arts who inspired me a lot when I was a noob drawer :p  I am very proud you compare me to him ! Although I can't really say I have outdone him but that's pleasant to read ;)

cacaro

The art does look great indeed and I've really enjoyed your previous games (especially the RPGs), so I'm definitely looking forward to this. BTW, I see a security/danger bar: does the game feature a sneaking system?

Quote from: AprilSkies on Fri 20/03/2015 11:30:12
La Quête de l'oiseau du temps

Is that "The quest for the time bird"? I remember a (very) old PC game with the same name - pretty interesting game.

Marion

The danger bar represents how much you are safe in the castle : depending on your choices, the Skeksis will leave you alone, or will progressively want to kill you :)
Yes, that's Quest for the Time Bird, and indeed, a computer game has been made from the comic book.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk