His Fate Rests In Your Hands

Started by SilverSpook, Mon 13/04/2015 09:49:21

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

So, a bit torn between potential char visuals.  Basically this is the "asshole boss, but redeemable" type character.  The sniveling police commissioner, who rides the main char's butt all day.  I need to pick one of these two portraits and throw the other one in the idea compost bin, for now.  What you all think?

Here's some flash-fiction backstory stuff.  Apologies if it's a bit unintelligible, it's sci-fi setting with lots of coinage and crap explained in-game.

"Norton Shuffler.  Sentient Services program director.  Middle management type.  Professional administrivia pusher.  Doesn't particularly like Carbon cause of the bad media karma a high profile pariah like the ex-cop brings.  Likes his 100k/year salary, last-year-model Prius-analog, and goal in life is keeping status quo.  Which makes sense, cause he's got that non-micro-home mortgage to float, flying car insurance ain't cheap, and oldest son just came out as "trans-species" as well as transgender, and that ungulate genesplice op ain't cheap, never mind Ivy League college tuition. 

Comes home at 2 AM after sating his sexbot addiction at a cyberbrothel, tells wife he had a ton of paperwork to shuffle.  Still makes it to his youngest kids]'s VR robotics competitions, his gay-transexual-chimera son's rainbow parades, and daughter's ballet recitals, though.  Kind of a dick, but not straight-up Evil."

Gurok

Well, the second one reminds me a lot of the police chief from Blade Runner, so I'm going to say the first. The forehead lines and prominent bags under the eyes make the first guy look a lot more worried about his private life too.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Is the first guy Skyer's boss and extra-marital fling from Breaking Bad?

Lasca

Both guys fit the description, but the first one feels more stiff and the second one more drunk - asshole - laughs very loud.
The first guy doesn't tell anybody about his private life, the second one complains loudly.
THe first one is compulsivly clean, the second one is kind of disgusting and smells of sweat.

SilverSpook

@Mandle: I haven't actually seen that episode but from what you describe, that guy sounds similar!

@Lasca: Thanks for the sound boarding.  I think you're right about who they resemble, and I'm flattered you picked up on that much from the pictures!  Based on that input I'm thinking I'm going to go with the first guy, since I want more sniveling weasel for the character and less loud pig.

WRK

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 13/04/2015 15:01:15

I'm pretty sure it's Carter Burke from Weyland-Yutani Corporation. :)

Darth Mandarb

The first guy... He feels like somebody that has done something very wrong and very much regrets it and is living with the constant stress every day and it's slowly killing him (all in the eyes).

The second guy... He feels more, to me, like what you're shooting for.  You should attire him like Lumberg from Office Space to really tie into that middle-management

AnasAbdin

I'm sorry I don't see any character in the portraits except Paul Reiser and Frasier ???

SilverSpook

@Darth Mandarb:  Lumberg, ahahaha.  Yeah that guy is in the dictionary under dickhead middle-management.  Good call.

Thanks all for the input!  This really helps!

SilverSpook

Gave the whipcrackin asshat boss a Christopher Walken upgrade.  80's ultra-backlit hairplugs FTW!  Kind of like how it makes him look perpetually caught in some police helicopter's spotlight.  "You're bald, man!  Hahahahha!  Also you're a cheating slimeball!  Hah!"  Also swapped the suit out for something a bit more Lumberg-esque, except I forgot the screaming tie.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: WRK on Tue 14/04/2015 10:40:43
Quote from: Mandle on Mon 13/04/2015 15:01:15

I'm pretty sure it's Carter Burke from Weyland-Yutani Corporation. :)
+1. He's Mad About Ripley I'd say... "I made a bad call! That's all!"

Love that movie  (nod)

SilverSpook

"It was a bad call Ripley, a bad call..."  "BAD CALL!?  THOSE PEOPLE ARE DEAD, BURKE!"

I love that movie to death too!  Like I didn't even need IMDB for that!  (Seriously, I rewatch Aliens probably 3 times a year.  It is near the pinnacle of cinematic experiences.)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Yup I agree with you very much! What was this thread about  ???
Oh, right. That portrait does make for an intriguing character, the other one maybe a creepy shop owner??

Cassiebsg

Looking great... but is there a reason why he's cock-eyed (hope it's the right word)? Is that an intended characteristic of the character or unintentional?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

EchosofNezhyt

You should make the brush strokes bigger.

First guy for sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk