Life of D. Duck 3 interest check?

Started by LeChuck, Mon 06/04/2015 18:44:22

Previous topic - Next topic

LeChuck

Does anyone still care for or remember Life of D. Duck? Or should this remain a remnant of the previous decade?

I've uploaded some footage from the wee beginnings of Life of D. Duck 3, thought to be a sort of Ducktales adventure. Game was last worked on in 2009... D. Duck would of course find a way to tag along:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP8oMhrAHRw

Yes, even Life of D. Duck uses placeholder dialogue and artwork/animations. 8-)

Scavenger

I loved Life of D. Duck and it's sequel! The puzzles were imaginative, and the aesthetic and writing were so... bizarre and naive that I couldn't get enough of it.

If you release a third one, I'll play it in a heartbeat.

Snarky

Yeah, I also loved D. Duck. In (ocean) spirit they're sort of OSD games before their time; I love how below the surface of the rough-seeming graphics and writing they're actually really well-constructed games. Plus those insectoid nephews still creep me out.

Some of the jokes were also delightfully obscure, with weird Norwegian-English puns and references to very minor characters from the Donald Duck comics. Using DuckTales might make it slightly more accessible to a broader audience, maybe?

monkey424

I loved D.Duck 2! Never played D.Duck 1 (or D.Duck 3 for that matter) but will definitely give both a go one day. I don't know why I started with 2, but then again I played Duzz Quest 2 before 1, so maybe that's just me. :-\

Trapezoid

All I've played is part of D. Duck 2, but it's very intriguing and impressive. So, yes.

Ali

LeChuck

Good to hear there's still some interest in Bjørnar's universe! :smiley: There's no way I could port the interface over to the latest AGS version (believe me, I've tried!), so v2.72 would hopefully still do it. :-[

Snarky

I'm sure someone could help you with that. It's just a pretty standard verb coin, isn't it? Shouldn't be too hard.

Cyrus

I loved those games! But I thought it would have been even more awesome if you did a similar-style game based on some other cartoon series, like Bonkers or Darkwing Duck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk