Ouroboros: The Sacrifice

Started by Firgof, Fri 10/04/2015 01:47:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Firgof

Perhaps.  All depends on whether people like it enough that they'd like to play a second one.  This is a bit of an experiment, a testing of the waters.

Stupot

This is looking gorgeous, Firgof.
In a way, it's a blessing that you missed the Jam deadline. This kind of project needs the love and time it deserves :-)

Firgof

I've updated the build on GameJolt to my current build.  It's still not complete, but it's closer to complete than it was before.

Still needs some polish in places and the Temple and outro aren't finished yet - but I'm getting quite close now.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, some behind-the-scenes stuff.  I spend a lot of time trying to get my puzzles to be both logical and comprehensible.  The temple's drum puzzle was one that took more than four full iterations to complete.
Many of the earlier attempts for the puzzle were either too difficult to figure out or too esoteric to easily explain.  Since I wasn't able to create a puzzle that was both straight-forwardly-logical and novel, I instead went with something a little more conventional.

With a little work, though, I think the frameworks of these two potential puzzles have merit.  You may be seeing them in later installments if this game is popular enough to make some when I can find a way to better present how to solve them.

The first attempt:
Spoiler
[close]

The second attempt:
Spoiler
[close]

What I went with in the end:
Spoiler
[close]

AnasAbdin

Very interesting  Firgof ;-D I love the art and the idea :)

kconan

SilverSpook

Fantastic style!

Really looking forward to seeing this come out.

Firgof

Thanks y'all.  I'm working on it as fast as I can.  Got delayed a bit while I worked on some stuff that folks recommended I fix in the comments for the game on GameJolt but now I'm back to working on finishing the game.  Working on one of the last pieces of art for the game currently.  It's just a sketch at the moment but I think it'll be pretty nice when it's complete.

aikex222

This looks just fantastic. (nod)
I so wanna go and see what's beyond that gate, xD well i guess is a gate or maybe a portal

Firgof

For those who would like to watch, I'll be streaming the completion of that piece of the next few hours.  Feel free to join me.
http://www.twitch.tv/firgof

(mostly) Finished.

Firgof

Just wrote the last line on the last page of the script - the game can now be played completely from start to finish. 
All that's left now is editing, a crap ton of polish work, some playtesting, and adding stuff like credits and maybe a teaser for the next part.

I'm hoping there'll be a fully playable build up by the end of the weekend.  I've got a lot of lines to record and implement between now and then for the Goddess.

Firgof

And the game is now complete.  I hope y'all enjoy it.

Sidebar:  What do I do now with the thread?  Is this one going to get moved over or should I start a new topic in the completed games subforum?

Darth Mandarb

Start a new topic in Completed Games. Congrats on finishing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk