The Visitor 3

Started by Michael2968, Sun 12/04/2015 13:48:48

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyNyce

Hopefully someone can help us. I've never had the drop down menu appear in this room before, and I coded it so that it wouldn't. :-\

I'm sorry again that you're having this problem and hopefully we can figure out a solution.

Mandle

Quote from: spanishgirl on Sat 18/04/2015 22:42:39
Hi guys! I need some help! I'm playing as the head in the jar, getting to the ship. The problem is that when I finaly get pass the asteroids, I try to change my cursor from moving to hand or eye and the game colapses!!:shocked:

someone else with this problem?how can I fix it? thanks a lot!

Did you change any settings in winsetup before starting the game? I don't know if it matters in this case but changing the graphics driver can cause all kinds of weird bugs.

spanishgirl

Nop, I didn't change anything, usually I run the .exe and if the game works I let everything as it is. Maybe I needed to change the settings? but the game run great until this point. I guess I'll re-install it, I wasn't very far in the game so it's ok, I just hope I can finish it because I really like it!:smiley:

Lilalu

Hi,
I encountered just the same error as spanishgirl. The drop down menu in this scene sometimes shows up, sometimes not. Maybe it has something to do with the possibility to access the menu via "Esc"? Hope you can fix this as I liked the game very much so far!

NickyNyce

I did notice that by pressing Esc, you can bring up the games menu screen at points in the game that I don't want people to be able to. I have taken away these shortcuts and uploaded a new version.

Mike the Wino

I must be as dumb as Commander Moss...
Spoiler
I'm trying to get the USB cable for Head, but I can't even figure out how to get rid of the maintenance droid! I tried pushing the laser button several times, but he comes back before I can grab the cable.
[close]
Help?

I made it through the first two games (which were a blast, by the way) without help...maybe the wine is finally kicking in? :tongue:
"Life is too short to drink bad wine!" -- Unknown

NickyNyce

Hello Mike,

It does take some quick action..
Spoiler
You need to press the button and quickly switch icons to walk left and switch again to the interact icon to grab it. You can press on the USB cable from across the room once it comes into view, so you don't have to wait for Commander Moss to walk to it. Press the button, switch to the walk icon and walk to the left, while he's doing that, switch to the interact icon and grab the USB once it's on the screen. If you're not using a mouse, I guess this can get tricky to do, but hopefully there's still enough time to manage it for those who aren't. This is the only timed puzzle in the game you'll have to worry about.
[close]

Mike the Wino

Thanks! It turns out that this works better if the game speed is turned down to at least the default setting. I had set it to be much faster because the default walking speed is too slow for my taste. I thought I was on the right track, but thanks again for the confirmation!

NickyNyce

Ok glad to hear it. I'm also glad to hear you're sipping wine while playing...my favorite!

Mike the Wino

...sipping wine....hic....

This episode seems to be kicking my butt, Nicky! I am now to the point where both Moss and Head are at the non-functioning elevator (on their respective levels),
Spoiler
and Hand has just touched a button that apparently made power go across a broken conduit. I've tried having Moss turn on and off the fuse near the organism, and Hand doing the same with the power (?) button, and checking to see if Head or Moss can do anything more. So far I haven't found anything else they can do, and Hand can't get back down the elevator shaft to try other things. Oh, and Moss needs a key card (which I have no idea where it is) for a panel near all the pretty blinking lights.
[close]
What is a next step?

NickyNyce

This should help..

If you need to get Moss in the elevator shaft...
Spoiler
Use the fuse box near the organism to get in
[close]

If he's already in there..
HINT 1
Spoiler
Moss should have an inventory item that should be able to help him
[close]

HINT 2
Spoiler
There's a fork in the room with the sinks
[close]

HINT 3
Spoiler
That fork might be able to help you open something
[close]

GIFT WRAPPED
Spoiler
Use the fork on the manual override in the elevator shaft. You might want to make sure the power is off though.
[close]

Mike the Wino

Doh! I never tried to have Moss
Spoiler
just walk into the elevator shaft...I thought it was a closed door in front of him.
[close]
Niiiice. Thanks again!

NickyNyce

Lol...you're not the first guy to say this. I never would have thought that...

Spoiler
Walking into an open door would be one my trickier puzzles
[close]

Cassiebsg

Am playing this on my tablet, and seems it's too slow to get pass the asteroids. :(
Are they random or is there a pattern I can follow?

Spoiler

In case there are more than one scene with asteroids, it's the one with head right at the start... If there's a pattern then I'll keep trying to get past this... unless there's a cheat to get past? ;)
I seem to have figured the first pattern: down, up, middle... and then crash... :P
[close]

Edit2
Okay, I seem to be a bit stuck, so if any one wishes to throw me a gentle hint, I would be very gracefull... :)

Spoiler

I'm controlling the blue alien, and have: one eyeball, jar with goo, controller (no batteries) and bottle cap.
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

kp

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 24/07/2015 15:55:25

Edit2
Okay, I seem to be a bit stuck, so if any one wishes to throw me a gentle hint, I would be very gracefull... :)

Spoiler

I'm controlling the blue alien, and have: one eyeball, jar with goo, controller (no batteries) and bottle cap.
[close]

Spoiler

It sounds like you have not been able to open the freezer. With the right choice of rerouting power, you should be able to open the freezer and get an important object.
[close]

NickyNyce

So sorry Cassiebsg, I just noticed your post now.

Thank you for the helpful hint kp. If somehow you are still playing Cassiebsg, I would be more than happy to provide you with a walk through if needed. Sorry again.

Mngwa

Quote from: NickyNyce on Sun 16/08/2015 03:59:20
So sorry Cassiebsg, I just noticed your post now.

Thank you for the helpful hint kp. If somehow you are still playing Cassiebsg, I would be more than happy to provide you with a walk through if needed. Sorry again.

This game seriously needs some walkthrough. That helpful hint did not help at all to me. Could you please provide walkthrough?

Cassiebsg

Yeah, I'm still playing it, but I'm in no hurry to finish, rather find stuff on my own than follow a walkthrough.
To be fairs, I don't play it that much and my tablet crashes often, which makes it harder to play it.

Where you at, Mngwa? Maybe I've past that part, and can still remember how to do it (or NickyNyce will help you)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

NickyNyce

I would be glad to try and help here, but if you would like a walkthrough, I can provide that too.

Mngwa

Cassiebsf: thanks I have already solved that problem. I am stuck again though. I am at the part of game where I can switch between Moss, Head and hand. Head is stuck at the place with big tentacle and cannot get to the prison, hand is in vent and Moss is stuck at another level of ship, has only crab thingy, pistol and fork.

Nickynice: That would be great, I would appreciate that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk