Foundations

Started by Matt Frith, Mon 20/04/2015 01:00:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Frith

I decided to take part in this years Adventure Jam.  I just about managed to finish although it was a bit close in the end, submitting right at the deadline.

Life on this side of the wall is hard.  People are promised a new life in exchange for recycling scrap that is sent from beyond. Will Nara find what she is looking for after years of scavenging along the wall?

One click interface - Left click to interact/look.

320 x 200 resolution

Any comments and ratings would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!

xil

Really, really enjoyed this Matt. The art and animation are of course beautiful (as always!) but I thought the interactions and story were equally as good. I liked the game world and would love to see more! I also gave you a vote on #adventurejam :)
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

StillInThe90s

Quote from: xil on Mon 20/04/2015 19:11:05
Really, really enjoyed this Matt. The art and animation are of course beautiful (as always!) but I thought the interactions and story were equally as good. I liked the game world and would love to see more!
Couldn't agree more. Beautiful!

KodiakBehr

This is wonderful!  I love the original atmospheric world, and the compelling character design.  It's brilliantly done -- thanks for sharing.

My favourite moment remains the animation of the scrap coming through the chute.  Was that hand-drawn?

Got my vote.

Monsieur OUXX

Oh wow very impressive (as always)

Duztie

Great little game.

The mood and ambient reminds me a bit of Fez, which is not a bad thing.
There could deffinetly be build on the world, that you created here.

Crimson Wizard

Hi MattFrith, can you please add a small note to your post saying its made with AGS 3.4.0 (WIP version)? This info will be useful for Linux port users, who need to know which version of the engine to make for this game.

DangerDanger

Short but very well made: graphics / animation, interesting story and characters.

I hope that you will make a sequel or a game  based on the same universe.

Thanks for the game :)

Mandle

OMG!!! The graphics and animations!!! The goggles! They do nothing!!!

Seriously...my eyes were almost melted by the loveliness of the look of this game!

The story was also well presented for such a short game. I could really understand the world and what was going on...

Brilliant job!

SinSin

Absolutely awesome game loved it, loved it, loved it.. 
Currently working on a project!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk