Late Last Nite (2015 AdventureJam entry)

Started by Akril15, Mon 20/04/2015 02:05:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Akril15

Welcome to Late Last Nite, an adventure in excess.

Join our protagonist Morgan as she stumbles through a series of bizarre fantasy settings -- a mer-pirate lagoon, a junk food forest, and a steampunk vampire nightclub -- in search of three missing relics. How will her night end? It's up to you to decide!

This game was a collaboration between me and Jess Morrissette (designer/writer of the Pledge Quest games), Chris Ushko (Space Quest: Incinerations), Troels Pleimert (who also did another game for this jam titled What's in the Safe?), Frederik Olsen (Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back), Natalie Juhasz (who did another game for this jam, Long Live the Cat King) and Gareth Millward (whose work I admit I'm not that familiar with).

Working on this game was at times almost surreal as the game itself. Given the limited time we had to work on it, there are a few glitches, but so far nothing bad enough to cause any crashes. If you have thirty minutes or so to spend, feel free to give it a play and if you like the game, please consider voting for it. :smiley:

Stupot

I've been playing some of this today and it's really nice. I love the different visual styles and the humour. Some nice puzzles. I'm a bit stuck at the moment, but will try again in a while with a fresh head :-)

If I had one niggle it would be that the verb coin vanishes far too quickly for me. I like to open the coin and then have a good think about which option to choose, but that's a personal thing (nod)

Lovely game. Certainly one of the tidiest of the jam.

xil

Such a crazy game but I am enjoying it so far! I've given you a vote on #adventurejam :)
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Akril15

Thanks for the feedback!

We are currently making some changes to the game which include keeping the verb coin onscreen and adding some hints to a couple of puzzles, as well as fixing the bugs that have been reported to us.

BunnyShoggoth

Totally amazing, voted for it on Adventure Jam. Reminded me of Deirdra Kiai's games and Snakes of Avalon.

I also loved the twist ending: I believe a slightly darker story in the same vein would make an awesome psychological thriller.

Decaffeinated Jedi

Thanks for the kind words, B.B.Wolf! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the game. :smiley:

Decaffeinated Jedi

I'm just popping by to mention that we've posted an updated version of Late Last Nite (Version 1.1) with some minor dialogue, puzzle, and animation tweaks. We've also created an entry for the game on the AGS website.

If you get a chance to play Late Last Nite, we'd love to hear your feedback!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk