Other places to promote an AGS game?

Started by ManicMatt, Wed 29/04/2015 08:50:59

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Quote from: StillInThe90s on Thu 07/05/2015 19:52:07
Indievania is "offline", whatever that means, and links to itch.io. Is anyone using itch?

Yeah I like itch.io, it's dead simple to use and can be used for both commercial and freeware games.  There is a nominal limit of 10 titles per developer but if you want more you can always contact the guy who runs the site.

SilverSpook

Hey, just bumping this thread due to the recent possible demise and certain bankruptcy of Desura.  I'm wondering if IndieDB will be severely impacted, and am wondering if anyone has any advice on promoting an as-yet unfinished game to get the visibility / demand / fanbase up? 

I'm thinking about itch.io, but haven't yet finished the game so that's a no-go for now.

Fitz

I mentioned GameJolt earlier in this thread. They allow games that are still in development -- and I've put Magenta on there a while ago. You can post news items that appear on the main site's news feed to remind people of your game. If I remember correctly, you don't even have to have any downloadable builds on there. Hope that helps.

SilverSpook

Thanks for bringing up GameJolt, Fitz, it looks pretty useful.

THe only issue for me is I intend to eventually make my game commercial, and it seems your game must be free to go on GameJolt.

selmiak

idddnt ags cool e nough? *puts un scoolnrss sunglasses* !Developers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk