The Condemned!

Started by Slasher, Wed 29/04/2015 20:25:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

The Condemned

A combat and adventure game.

On a remote island the most vicious form of illegal entertainment is about to go live online.
The players: Ten ruthless death-row killers. The game: Last guy standing wins his freedom and a million dollars.
Nine will die.
Fight to win. Fight for freedom. Fight for justice.

You play as Jack Conrad.

Stab, bottle, axe, spike club, kick and punch your way to victory.

Of course, knowing enemy's 'weaknesses' helps and you can collect things along the way to help.

With the odd puzzle of course (laugh)

* Contains blood and violence.

Specs
600 x 800
16 bit color
DirectDraw

Download Game

Thanks to all those that were involved with the production of this game.

Happy fighting (laugh)

NickyNyce

Congrats on the release Slasher, I'll give it a try soon.

AnasAbdin

Congrats slasher! No more waiting :-D

Mandle

Congratulations mate!!!

It was my great pleasure to help you pass this twenty pound kidney stone! (I held his hand while Slasher panted and screamed...)

I can already say that this is a great game. I was still having fun even after the 20th playthrough so you did something right and that's for sure!

Jack Conrad 4EVA!!!

Lasca

Congratulations! I'll play it soon!

Mandle

Wow...nobody has commented on having actually played the game yet and any feedback on what they thought of it?

I can imagine that the creator of the game is feeling just slightly disappointed at the moment...

sthomannch

Just downloaded and started it. Two evil guys to go (Rex and Klause), seen all places except one. Nice game and very good puzzles. Congratulation.

Update: Finished it, 6 cameras destroyed. Good work, Slasher!

NickyNyce

I've been heavily testing and I'm just about finished. Won't be long before this and a few other games get played. ;)

Mandle

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 03/05/2015 19:12:21
Nice game and very good puzzles.

Actually I just realised that this might be a point stopping people from downloading: The top post kinda makes the game sound like it's just a beat-em-up like a Street Fighter clone made in AGS...Well it's not:

There is an actual environment you can walk around and explore which also contains many adventure game style puzzles and even the fights also have "thinking man's" solutions to them so that you can win by brains or brawn.

Maybe slasher should mention something along these lines in the top post so adventure gamers will be more attracted to try it out...

sthomannch

In fact, you should avoid using your fists, but use your wits instead.

Shadow1000

I just finished the game. That was very different and very fun. The puzzles were not particularly difficult so things moved along at a nice pace. It's clear that there was a lot of work that went into the game: cool effects, the map was a nice touch and a lot of small "extras" like the viewer money really rounded this game out.

Well done.

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 05/05/2015 00:37:52
I just finished the game. That was very different and very fun. The puzzles were not particularly difficult so things moved along at a nice pace. It's clear that there was a lot of work that went into the game: cool effects, the map was a nice touch and a lot of small "extras" like the viewer money really rounded this game out.

Well done.

SHADOW

I couldn't have said it better!

Speaking of cool effects:
Spoiler
My favorites were the sharks swimming underwater, the animated surf on the beach (that is not easy to pull off), the lightning flashes through the jungle at Lover's Fjord (that really made me feel like I was spending a lonely and frightening but beautiful night in an island jungle) and especially:

SPOILER(Do not read until you have played the game):
Spoiler
When the Russian Tank dude gets his head blown off and flies straight at you, hits the screen, and slides down it...OMG that was such a Looney Tunes moment and cracked me up every time!
[close]
[close]

So yeah...The effects were nicely cinematic and lovingly crafted by a games author whose work just keeps on getting stronger and stronger with each release...

* Mandle looks at Slasher:

(I'm still hoping to see "Desecrated" released though, mate. Even if it's a bit rough around the edges compared to what you are making now it's still a complete game and a lot of fun to play. The community wants it! NAY! Demands it!)

HanaIndiana

Fun premise! Looking forward to this one.

NickyNyce

I finally got around to playing this and the setting was pretty well done. It was a little rough around the edges when it came to the animations, but the game as a whole was fun to play. Good Job slasher.

Anke

I was a little hesitant at first, mostly because it looked like a lot of action and possibly a lot of blood, too. I was wrong. There is a bit of both, yes, but certainly not enough to scare even the faint-hearted away. Actually, it's all about the puzzles. You need brains, not brawn.

The little details like the subscribed viewers and the hunt for the CCTV's are great ideas, too (not a good hunter myself, only found six).

That was a lot of fun, Slasher. I enjoyed playing this. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk