Lydia and the Mystery of Nellreno Manor

Started by DBoyWheeler, Thu 30/04/2015 02:39:03

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

It was a long time getting here.

Other than a few contributions from a few friends, I had to go it alone.

But I finally finished it!

Behold...

Lydia and the Mystery of Nellreno Manor!

Specs
640 x 480 Window
32 bit color

This game I made for, and about, one of my friends on Gaia Online (similar to how Nelly Cootalot was made for and about the girlfriend of one of the guys here).

The story is this--you're playing as Lydia, and you hear that the long empty Nellreno Mansion has new occupants, but there's more to this than it first seems.

Here's one screenshot...

So... it may be my second game overall (my first being a MAGS entry), but I believe I can consider this my first TRUE AGS game.

I'll post a walkthrough in the walkthrough forum shortly, if anyone needs it.

vertigoaddict

I think you forgot the link, I'll look for it in the games page though, if it's there.
EDIT: Just for people who want to go straight to it...
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1917/

DBoyWheeler

Thanks for doing that vertigoaddict.  Yeah, I forgot to edit my post to include the link.

blur

The graphics are very bland and do not give much information about what and where is what. The player has to look at the room to get some information about the surroundings, like for example when looking at the bridge Lydia mentions some invisible threads that prevent people from falling of the bridge - this is actually quite funny.
There are some bugs:
Spoiler

• The walking speed is too slow and cranking the speed lever up makes it even slower.
  • I could walk through the scrap on the wall without needing to solve the associated puzzle.
  • I would not have found the crypt without the walk-trough, as clicking use/walk on the visual clue of the arch did not make Lydia walk there, but clicking on the wall did.
[close]

DBoyWheeler

Yeah, some of the bugs I just couldn't fix no matter what.

sthomannch

Looked interesting at first, but the walking speed is so slow that I gave up after the first screen. Hope that you can fix that...

DBoyWheeler

DBoyWheeler

Since I was given a couple complaints of Lydia and the Mystery of Nellreno Manor being too slow, I went and fixed it--it should go a bit quicker now (be sure to check the system menu and play with the speed bar a bit to adjust it).

I would post this in the Completed Games section, but the thread is probably decrepit by now, and I figured this would be an appropriate section to make the remark of the update.  But if it's in the wrong section, I won't object to the admins moving it into the correct section.

Cassiebsg

I think being an update to your game, that posting on your game post was the right place to post. Besides, I believe that you and anyone can always post on the Completed Games section threads (as long as relevant, that is). Let's say I just downloaded your game and wanted to comment on it? ;)

If I'm wrong, then please let a mod correct me.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

That sounds right to me, so I merged this into the completed game thread.

DBoyWheeler

Oh, and another update is I finally uploaded it to MediaFire so those without Facebook can get it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk