Background Blitz - Mystic's House - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Started by GreenBeams, Thu 07/05/2015 14:44:49

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenBeams

"Hubble bubble, toil and trouble. Fire burn and... no, wait.... That's the wrong recipe. Where's the one for soda bread?"

Predictably enough, you cannot manage the awesome quest you've undertaken on your onesies. You must seek help from the Local Supernatural Mystic Type Person!

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107389340/AGS/BG_Blitz/Mystics%20House/Woods.jpg[/imgzoom]

What sort of dwelling do they inhabit and how does it coexist with it's surroundings? Are they a Miracle Max or Madam Mim? A Radagast or Rent-a-Ghost? A... No, i've overstretched myself there, can't think of a third one.. Is it dark and broody or light and airy? Cottage in the glades or cabin in the woods? It's up to you!

I'd like to make it clear here though that it DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A CABIN IN THE WOODS! The theme is simply the "Mystics House" Location and setting are completely your choice!

How will you bring to life your Hex-Daddy's Magic Shennanigans Pad?

Voting starts May 25th and ends June 1st

PRIZES!

Mandle

I think you just won the "Biggest Inspirational Material Montage Of All Time Award" right there by the way Greenbeams!!!

GreenBeams

Yaaay!

Ah-WARD Ah-WARD Ah-WARD! :-D

Seriously though, i just hope people enter so i don't feel like this guy:

actually, wait, people came to his party... power nerds, GO!

Monsieur OUXX

I'm so glad you included Panoramix's house (Getafix for our English friends, and Readimix in the US)

Ykni

Yay, I love to draw trees. No bothering with difficult perspective stuff ^^ 

GreenBeams

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 07/05/2015 16:05:46
I'm so glad you included Panoramix's house (Getafix for our English friends, and Readimix in the US)
Ah, i love that auld druid from the Asterix comix! (Here's a sculpt i did of him a while back)

Quote from: Ykni on Thu 07/05/2015 16:12:14
Yay, I love to draw trees. No bothering with difficult perspective stuff ^^ 
Excellent! I look forward to seeing what you come up with ;-D

Mandle

Quote from: GreenBeams on Thu 07/05/2015 15:44:49
actually, wait, people came to his party... power nerds, GO!

Ahhhh...but don't forget that he only invited clients instead of friends so it would be tax deductable... (laugh)

[delete}

I'd love to try some Highlander background with sprites.
But so short on spare time; also have to ask my boss, the art director Monsieur OUXX, for allowance. But great theme anyways.

TGames

TGames

I just want to ask, would it be ok if i did a remake of the witches hut in Ben Jordan 3?

Mandle

Grok: That is freakin' AWESOME!!!

GreenBeams

Yaaay, we have our first entry! Lovely, surreal stuff, Grok ;-D

@Mandle - mumblemumbleIwantataxdeductablepartymumblemumble :-D

@Amelie - i'm sure OUXX could spare you for a while. He himself has, upon occasion, been known to Blitz Backgrounds!

@TGames - as far as a redesign goes, i'm ok with it as an entry. But if it's over someone else's work in the AGS community, i'd rather you gave them a courtesy heads up, asking whether or not they'd be cool with it :smiley:

TGames

I think I will just design my own, that's more fun :-D

TGames

Cassiebsg

Just want to say that I love the theme, right up my alley, so I'll give it a try, even if it won't be a BG I'll use for one of my games. ;)
Have some ideas already, so it's really only time that's the problem... And with no further a due, will start working on it right away. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

GreenBeams

That's the spirit, TGames! Well done for getting something done off your own back! :-D

@Cassiebsg - Excellent stuff; I Look forward to seeing your ideas!

Monsieur OUXX

@Amélie: please do enter the contest, I'"m entering too!!! ;-)

[delete}

Hah! The old apprentice-stabbing-master story - there's always someone left whining in the end...

Also, great entries from both of you, Grok and TGames! Yet I can't comment on those until the battle is over.

SinSin

Got a good idea for this one.. Hopefully I can execute It well.;-D :-X
Currently working on a project!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk