Coloring Ball: CURRENCY - WINNER Announced

Started by AprilSkies, Mon 11/05/2015 09:09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilSkies

Hi folks,
here's the new exciting Coloring Ball Comp!!!!

CURRENCY!!!!

the purpose of the competition is simple:
Draw the currency in use in your imaginary country!
You can choose whether to draw a coin or a banknote:

BANKNOTE:

COIN:

Rules:
You can't reproduce an actual currency; you have to make the currency of an imaginary country.
You can't rotate the banknote shape (you can only rotate the coin one (laugh) (laugh))
You can flip the shapes horizontally and/or vertically (laugh) (laugh).
You can use all the colors you want.
You can color the outline

Submissions deadline: May 24th 2015

TROPHIES:

VOTING TIME:

Please choose your favourite entries (vote at maximum 3 entries, listing them as 1st, 2nd and 3rd):

100 Days and 50 seconds By Anke

Money from Republica de Gondauria by Grok

501 KRE by JudasFm

One coin from an unknown planet by Cassiebsg

1 billion Galactic Credits by JimReed

1 3D note from the 3D country by Mokho

1 Baron by kconan

8 Retro by aikek222

1 Zoid by Bohnito

VOTING OPEN till May 30th 2015

I'm proud to announce the winner(s):

3rd placed $
Spoiler

JimReed
[close]

2nd placed $
Spoiler

Bohnito
[close]

And the winner is......
Spoiler

Anke
[close]

So....
Spoiler

Anke
[close]
the ball is in your hand ^__^

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AnasAbdin

What a great idea. I still have a few buckazoids I'll  have to travel to Mercury to convert them into my enrty (laugh)

Mandle

This is a rare chance for people who don't like the confinement of the shape to enter a Coloring Ball so: AWESOME IDEA!!!

Although the rotation rules seem a tad restrictive and confusing to me:

For example: If I mirror the note shape (before drawing in it) horizontally, rotate it 90 degrees clockwise, mirror it horizontally again, rotate it a further 90 degrees clockwise, and then mirror it vertically would that disqualify my entry to the contest?

Anke

Do you want the full package or will back OR front be enough? (If you want both: Curse you, villain! ;))

Oh, and it seems I've gotten ahead of myself. Are you okay with a coloured outline? If not, I might have to change it back. (Note to self: read rules first :P)

AprilSkies

Quote from: Anke on Tue 12/05/2015 09:31:40
Do you want the full package or will back OR front be enough? (If you want both: Curse you, villain! ;))
Oh, and it seems I've gotten ahead of myself. Are you okay with a coloured outline? If not, I might have to change it back. (Note to self: read rules first :P)

it's enough only front ^__^ and yes, you can color the outline (just added in the rules :D)

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 12/05/2015 01:24:36
For example: If I mirror the note shape (before drawing in it) horizontally, rotate it 90 degrees clockwise, mirror it horizontally again, rotate it a further 90 degrees clockwise, and then mirror it vertically would that disqualify my entry to the contest?

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)
Let's say that only initial and end state will be considered LOL

Anke

(I, err, got carried away a bit. Sorry about that. (laugh))

Used to get paid in gold coins? But nowadays most of your customers live in a city, where the last gold, no, gold-ish coin has been seen when kings were still in fashion? Fear no more! Start your own printing right now!

There are many advantages:

• Make as much money as you want!
  • Independence from gold!
  • No more looking at the faces of someone else's leaders!
  • Laugh at taxes!
  • Did we say that you can make as much money as you want?

Don't hesitate! Get your own money printing press right away! Call: 555-DIBBLER

~ Whatever floats your boat, put it on your note! ~

*Brrr Brrr*  *Brrr Brrr*  HELLO? I'M INTERESTED IN YOUR OFFER.

"What the hell...? There's a rat on my note!"
DON'T WORRY. YOU'LL BE FINE.
SQUEAK!

Special Offer Today:  Buy two money printing presses and get one coining press for free!

YOU FORGOT YOUR CHANGE!
"Keep it!"

Edit: I can't type. *sigh* If I missed a typo, please push me gently into the right direction or just look the other way. ^^

AprilSkies

Ha ha! Anke!!!
BRILLIANT!
Great idea and great execution!!

Thanks a lot for this!!

GreenBeams

Mandle

Quote from: Anke on Tue 12/05/2015 17:40:17
  • Laugh at taxes!

Well that gets rid of one of the sure things in life, and your currency seems to get rid of the other as long as you have a steady income...

So yeah, well done!

Great idea also and very nice designs especially on the coin!

Grok

I'm not sure if I'm within the rules of the competition. I made my own circle and box shapes :)
Anyhow this is my contribution (and tryout of vector art).

AprilSkies

Hey Thanks Grok,

Being the shapes very simple, this is indeed not a classic Col Ball competition, with strange shapes, so.. your entry is accepted ^_^

Very nice job, thanks a lot!

JudasFm

I'm not sure if I did this right, since it's the first time I've entered a contest here. The main currency I use has quite a few different coins and banknotes, so I picked one of each. I hope that's alright :)

The kre is the main currency. This is the standard 1-kre coin, but there are also 5 and 10-kres coins available, along with smaller denominations such as the dem (half a kre) roon (quarter of a kre) mon (one eighth of a kre) and snik (one sixteenth of a kre).

This is the highest denomination: 500 kres, which would buy you a decent quality bicycle.  The civilization which came up with the design insisted that art was valuable and banknotes were also valuable, so the two should naturally go together.  There are also 25, 50 and 100 kres banknotes, each with their own distinct pictures.  It was felt that printing the denominations on the pictures would spoil them, and so they're printed on the back in block letters instead ;)

Cassiebsg

I have this coin I got from my travels. Not sure which planet it belongs any more or how much it's worth.

[IMGzoom]http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/Cassiebsg/Misc/coloringball_coin.png[/IMGzoom]

I'm pretty sure I also had a note somewhere around, but haven't been able to find it. I'll post it later if I find it.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

AprilSkies

haha!! Thanks a lot JudasFm and Cassie!!!
GREAT entries indeed!!

P.S.
Come on AGSers!
SHOW ME MONEY!!

Jim Reed

[imgzoom]http://s4.postimg.org/5rnikkwa5/1billioncredits.png[/imgzoom]

1 BILLION GALACTIC CREDITS!!!!!!!!!!!

AprilSkies

OH-OH. WOW-WOW-WOW:

Coloring ball GIANTS are back again!!!
Thanks JimReed!!!

That's amazing!  As usual: your pixel art is stunning!

Mokho

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie, this is my first post in this forums, so please be gentle :P

Here is my entry:

Done for a country where all the citizens wear stereoscopic glasses!

AprilSkies

Hey Mokho,
nice to meet you, and welcome in AGS!!!!

Your entry is really great! I love it!
And also, nice avatar ;-)

kconan

"Archeologists uncovered an ancient coin from a small, banana dictatorship.  Experts noted the importance of the engraving of the official motto, which was even deeper and more pronounced than the denomination of the currency."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk