Tune Contest May - Music is Reversible (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

Started by Cuiki, Fri 24/04/2015 14:18:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Dahmen

A little blabbering chit chat. Don't take me too serious.

boojiboy's piece has a nice 80's vibe to it. Wondering what software he uses for that.

selmiak's piece has that cool feature I once read about but never tried. I even downloaded Audacity for the only purpose of deciphering that piece :)

And Wyz's piece seems the most complete in terms of techniques used and number of messages, which can be a little overwhelming, but keeps the quest interesting.
The cymbal sounds used in this piece hurt my heart a bit.

In conclusion, I would choose Wyz's piece :P
It may seem like I didn't dig it, but I'd say it has the best music+hidden messages combo.

Have a nice day 8-)

Cuiki

Thanks for the feedback, both of you. :)

Okay, it's time to wrap this up. I agree with Juan that Wyz's entry is the most complete, and it best conveys what the idea of this theme probably was - hidden messages hunt. ;)

So, congratulations to Wyz for a well-deserved victory!!

And an honorable mention to boojiboy's Flexa, just for being a really cool song.

Spoiler
I couldn't really make out the reversed words but it sounded as "I thought I put a grenade in my pants!" to me. :D
[close]
* banana

This has been so much fun (even if Juan's entry was the only one that sounded remotely scary :tongue:). Thanks again!

(I might hijack this thread later on to try to decipher the rest of Wyz's song)
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Wyz

Yaaay! ;-D

Well this was a lot of fun; good show everyone!

Quote from: Cuiki on Mon 01/06/2015 13:34:41
* banana

Of course! I should have known :D

Anyways, I'll post the new contest shortly!
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Cuiki

Cool, glad you had fun!
----------------------

I gave the song another look, and.. I think I need a bit of help:

Spoiler
The message in Morse code, after speeding it up, sounds something like "--- - .--- - .--- - .---" or "OTJTJTJ..."!? I have a feeling that's not it. :P

The melody you mention... I assume the names of the notes could perhaps spell out a word (like CAGE or something). Which melody is that, again? The one at 1:33? Do you also have to change the pitch to get there?

I did manage to find this, however:

AGS almighty! 8-)

Bonus content:
Spoiler
These hidden messages are everywhere! The truth has been revealed:

(sorry, I hope that wasn't in bad taste)
[close]
[close]

Wyz

You're nearly there!
Spoiler

Yes you have found the real secret message with the spectroview, huzzah! :D There is however one more easter egg to find using the spectroview. Hint: it is in more than one place and you need to zoom in on it.

The Morse code is insanely hard to make out so here is a render of it: https://soundcloud.com/ftplus/morse

You can also find a secret message by listening to the song sped up twenty times if you didn't catch that one already. :)

And finally the last one is very laborious so I didn't expect anyone to find it but there is actually a musical language called Solresol which is what the melody is at 1'33 repeated twice. But that is all bonus since you have found the real message! :D
[close]

Cuiki

A few more:
Spoiler

QuoteThere is however one more easter egg to find using the spectroview. Hint: it is in more than one place and you need to zoom in on it.
Nope, can't find that one...

The Morse code:
"Very clever, I have to tnive you that but this isn't it either." :P

QuoteYou can also find a secret message by listening to the song sped up twenty times
Whole 20 times!? Okay, I take back what I said, listening to this slowly getting faster each time was pretty scary!
"Nice try, but this is not the secret message."

As far as the musical language goes, it was quite difficult trying to figure out how the syllables are put together, but this is what I got:
"you my sir have done your duty but this not be the ... unfaithfulness(?)"
Or something like that...

Cool, very elaborate!
[close]

Wyz

Yes you have found all of them now except one; impressive! :D
Spoiler

Yes the morse code is correct: there was a typo on my end which I found out about too late. :-[

You have decoded the Solresol message almost correctly: the problem is that the language is based on French and some things got lost in translation. :D Duties should be homework (which both translate to 'devoirs' in French). The last part should be 'it unfortunately' which was probably poorly translated by me. But I'm really impressed you got that far. :D

The final clue: look at the spectrograph at 2'40" exactly and zoom in till you see something; you'll know it when you see it. :D
[close]

Cuiki

Spoiler

A big blue cup?
[close]

I guess this is it then. :P

Wyz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk