Technobabylon - a Cyberpunk Dystopia from Technocrat and Wadjet Eye

Started by Technocrat, Fri 22/05/2015 12:02:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocrat

A jobless agoraphobe, addicted to the man-made worlds of a distant descendant of the internet, has become targeted for assassination by forces beyond her understanding. With nobody she could really call an enemy or a friend, she must face the dangers of "meatspace", and survive a conspiracy that has invisibly ruled her entire life.

An agent of the city's all-seeing secret police finds himself blackmailed with the lives of the unborn children of his long-dead wife. Pushed to the limits by his deceit and his past, how far is he willing to go to save his legacy?

Follow their lives as a string of catastrophes threatens not only themselves, but everything they think they know about the city!

Buy now at Wadjet Eye!

LAUNCH TRAILER

Based upon several of Technocrat Games' early projects, Technobabylon is a science-fiction mystery, inspired by the classics of speculative literature.  Both a remake of the original three parts released in 2010/2011, and a continuation of the story over eight further chapters, the art talents of Ben Chandler (ThreeOhFour) and Ivan Ulyanov (Ilyich) illustrate a world coming to terms with cyberpunk lifestyles redefining what it means to be human. Nathan Pinard, audio artist for Gemini Rue, lends his musical talent to the project for a suitably atmospheric score.

The completed project will be commercial, and we have a delightful arrangement with Dave Gilbert and Wadjet Eye!

Follow us for updates on the project, or little bits of extra background about the world of Technobabylon:
- Development Blog
- Twitter: @technocratgames

OUT NOW!

Mandle

Wow...it's out?!

Congratulations on what looks like an amazing game!

I'll be checking this out when I have the spare cash and time!!!

AnasAbdin

Snarky

Congratulations on the release and all the great reviews! Preordered, so will have to find some time to play at some point...

Ibispi

Congrats on release Technocrat and others. So many new games released make me reflect upon all this time I've spent procrastinating instead of working on my own projects.

Fitz

Congrats! Noticed it on GOG this morning -- and of course rushed to buy it. Sadly, GOG messed up my transaction and now I have to wait before I retry lest I should get double-billed if the first one actually went through.

Still, it's a good day for retro adventure gamers on GOG -- considering this retro adventure game give-away

EDIT: Got it! :D Downloading!

CaptainD

Fantastic!  So good I asked for a review copy even though I have a current backlog of around 60 review copies to write about! (laugh)

Fitz

I haven't finished the game yet (just gotten through the "LAN party" bit) -- but I have to say what I wanted to say from the very start and what still holds true, after quite a few hours in the game: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! This is my favorite Wadjet Eye game. It has great balance between the dark, serious story and occasional comic relief: be it  Cheffie (somebody give the voice actress an Oscar!!!) or the darkly humorous decadence exhibited by the hedonist youth (can't decide which one was my favorite: the maladist or the nuker). All arcs of the story are equally gripping -- and I think I might have an inkling about how they're all going to come together in the end. Can't wait -- and at the same time I'm taking it slow, a chapter per sitting, tops, because I want to savor the experience. Also, I really like how intuitive and logical the puzzles are. There were only a few instances where I resorted to a walkthrough to nudge me in the right direction.

Congrats on a great, GREAT game!

AndyfromVA

I particularly like how the puzzles fit into the flow of the story.  None of them feel like they're just thrown in to make the game longer or more complicated.

Technocrat

I'm glad it's been getting a positive response so far! Looks like I'd better get on to making a sequel. :-D

Dave Gilbert

Mathias

Big grats on the release! Sadly I have to wait two weeks before summerholidays kick in and I'm free to play it. :)

Fitz

Technocrat: You better! I finished the game yesterday -- and the epilogue made me go: UH-OH...! :shocked:

Dave: Hm... That was crypitic. If I hadn't listened to the comments (as I'm replaying the game now with comments on), I'd have thought you're suggesting she's a real-life corporate AI, not an actual person. Or did you link this by mistake instead of a picture of Jess Pepper receiving the VO artists' equivalent of an Oscar?

Monsieur OUXX

Etumretniw

Congratulations. A very nice game. Really liked the setting, art and immersion it gave.

Stee

First congrats on the release. I played the original 3, and I QA tested the original Nancy, so I know James' stuff is pretty darn good. Been looking forward to this for a while (and resisted offers to test the game, which was very difficult!!)

Just a quick question, the steam page lists this as having Steam Cloud. I got up this morning (ok this afternoon... who am I kidding I'm still in bed!!) hoping to get a couple of hours in on the laptop, but my saves don't seem to have magic'ed over. Am I doing something wrong or is that an error in the store description?
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

[delete}

Congratulations!

CaptainD

Gave it a whirl last night, loving it so far.  Also fun to hear my voice on one of the answerphone messages - that was a great idea!  (Have to ask - sounded like the Knight of the door's defensive system was probably voiced by you James, was it or was it someone else?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk