I love you dad

Started by AnasAbdin, Tue 26/05/2015 11:47:58

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

The last 3 days were so hard on me and my family. My father was hospitalized for urinary infection that caused blood poisoning. His condition was severe and he was in a full coma for 72 hours. My siblings are scattered each on a different place between Texas, Sweden and Hungary. It was hard on all of us. Thankfully this morning he woke up and started recognising us and his surroundings. I was away from every social media or programming platform. I couldn't simply function or concentrate on anything except his and my mother's safety. I wish him and all your loved ones good health and safety. Take care of yourselves and your families :)

Mouth for war

Glad to hear he's doing better :D I have lost both my parents so I understand how you feel :)
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

NickyNyce

The world shrinks when something like this happens, and nothing seems important anymore. I'm so glad to hear that things are going in a better direction now for your family. These times are very tough, and it reminds us just how fragile life is. My prayers go out to your family for a speedy recovery.

CaptainD

Glad to hear he's on the mend.  Things like that are a terrible time for families and really put things into perspective.

Stupot

Damn, I'm glad he's doing better. I can't imagine the stress and worry your family have been through. Hope he makes a full recovery. All the best Anas.

Fitz

Hope your dad is all well and back on his feet soon!

AnasAbdin

Thanks all for the great wishes and support :) today I actually managed to smile and feel alive. Like Nicky said, the world does shrink and gets colorless. Dad is better now, conscious and talking back to us. One of the saddest voices I've ever heard was my sister's crying wishing to see and hug him. She haven't seen him in 11 years. Hopefully she'll get here with us along with my other siblings in a few weeks ;-D

NickyNyce

Glad to hear it. Cherish every day. The world of game making can consume us all and we sometimes tend to neglect certain things in life. Not that you did, but it is a reminder to us all to not forget about our loved ones around us while burying our heads in the computer.

KodiakBehr

Nothing more important than family.  Glad to hear he is on the mend.

Ponch

Glad your dad pulled through! :cheesy:

Frodo

So glad to hear he's on the mend.  :grin:

Mandle

This thread resonates with me in that I lost my own father through dementia while I was living overseas for many years (and still am)...

At first I would go back home and Dad would be a bit weird in that he would ask me stuff like "Have you been back home since the earthquake?" (the earthquake in my hometown took place well before I moved overseas)

It hit home when my mother woke him up from a nap (upon my arrival back home from overseas the next time) and my Dad came out of his room with massively overgrown hair and I told him "Man, you look like a rock-star" and he had no idea who I was or what I was talking about...

This is getting pretty depressing so:

Tabata

Glad to hear that your dad made it.  Wishing you and your family all the best.

Gurok

Just want to echo Nicky's sentiments about the world shrinking. Glad your father's getting better. I hope things calm down and you can focus on your game. :D
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

monkey424

It certainly does put things into perspective. Just this week my sister is recovering from an operation. Thankfully she did not have anything seriously wrong with her. However, there is a girl only 6 years old that my sister taught who has leukemia. She has been in hospital for some time now and just yesterday I was told they will pull her life support. It is heartbreaking. Imagine being the parents of that little girl.

Sometimes I'm just lost for words.

Take care Anas. Best wishes to you and your family.

Peder 🚀

Glad to hear he is doing better! Hope he fully recovers soon :).

Ryan Timothy B

Glad to hear he's better now.

I also went through a tragic event on the 11th. My girlfriend's nephew Andrew, of 15 years old was playing soccer and collapsed in the field - two medically trained spectators immediately jumped on his aid but there were zero life signs. They did chest compressions for over an hour until he was finally taken to hospital and pronounced dead.

He was a damn good kid. I was fortunate enough to have seen him the very day before he died. Very active and very kind. The night we last saw him, he actually mowed his grandmother's lawn with those old school "people powered" lawnmowers. He just wanted to mow her lawn and stay fit. Sad. Very sad. Autopsy showed nothing wrong with him, heart simply went into bad rhythm.

One good thing has come from this tragic event though. His parents and family started a fundraising for defib units, which very possibly could have saved his life. Two units have already been donated from I believe the company that makes them, and there's also enough funding for 4 more.

Always tell your loved ones you love them because you'll never know when it's your last chance. I regret not giving him a hug the last day I saw him. :(

RetroJay

Hi AnasAbdin.

I am so glad to hear that your Dad is on the mend.
It must have been a terrible time for you all.

My best wishes go out to you and your family.

Yours.
Jay.

AnasAbdin

Thank you all :) man you guys are amazing. I didn't even bother talking about this matter on facebook or any media. You guys are my family.

Mandle, I used to tell people mentioning dementia by saying things like "Oh I can't imagine how hard it is..." but seeing my own father in that state changed me forever. I feel you man.

glad your sister is recovering monkey424. Send regards and best wishes.

Ryan I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your girlfriend and her family.

Again thanks all for all your support and wishes. My father is slowly recovering. I hope soon I'll sort things out and get back to AGSing ;-D

AnasAbdin

Hello everyone. As some of you already know from my social media, my father passed away on the 27th of April. I though it would be appropriate to update this thread accordingly. I have also written a blog post about it if you have the time to read it.

Dad, I love you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk