Dustbowl - A post-apocalyptic adventure - Now available on Steam!

Started by Atavismus, Wed 27/05/2015 21:26:08

Previous topic - Next topic

AGD2

Loved STALKER, and the retro, faux-C64 graphics on this look sweet. Just purchased!

Atavismus

Peder, you are our "best employee of the month"!
Dustbowl Corp. thanks you.
(NOW GO BACK TO WORK!) :D

Thx Yitcomics and AGD2, we hope you like our "baby"! ;)

We have a news, and this month, it makes sense:

"Are you experienced?"

We are adding a xp/level up system and 3 skills.
It's almost done.
It will be available in september in the next big update.

Cya, take care and spread the word! ;)

Khris

I love that you are still working on this, but sadly every update like this will break all existing savegames. It's what kept me from replaying this, because I always feel the effort is futile unless I played through the entire game fairly quickly, which I don't want to do.

The only remedy is to add a custom savegame system, but that's a LOT of tedious work, and bug-prone as hell, so probably not an option, I guess. I wish there was a better solution.

Atavismus

Quote from: Khris on Mon 10/08/2015 17:11:11
I love that you are still working on this, but sadly every update like this will break all existing savegames. It's what kept me from replaying this, because I always feel the effort is futile unless I played through the entire game fairly quickly, which I don't want to do.
Yeah Khris, that savegames issue spoiled a bit Dustbowl and we totally understand angry/disappointed players.

Still, we guess Dustbowl's players (some are real fans :)) and the game itself deserve a last strong big breaking update (Yeah, sadly, it should be the last update then we'll work on another main project).

Hopefully, that last version (with XP, escape button, sandbox mode, etc.) will bring new players and savegames won't be a problem for them.
To me, all the (free) content we add(ed) is a kind of reparation, so in the end, it's like a "blessing in disguise" (still annoying for sure).

Quote from: Khris on Mon 10/08/2015 17:11:11
The only remedy is to add a custom savegame system, but that's a LOT of tedious work, and bug-prone as hell, so probably not an option, I guess. I wish there was a better solution.
Unfortunately, you are totally right and I can't be more agree.
So indeed, I advise you (and other players that don't want to restart a game) to wait the last/ultimate version (we'll announce it) to play the game (or restart a game).

Anyways, thx for your support and understanding all of you. :)

Billbis

-50 % on Steam right now. It's a great game. :)
They was a recent update adding an xp system.

Atavismus

Quote from: Billbis on Fri 27/11/2015 11:43:50
-50 % on Steam right now. It's a great game. :)
They was a recent update adding an xp system.
Ahaha thx Bill!
I was about to post here, but I'm too busy with that damned monstruous MAGS! :D
So yeah, if you were hesitating or still wondering, here is 3 good reasons to buy Dustbowl:

1) We just added a xp/level up/abilities system.
2) Reviews on steam are "Very Positive".
3) It's 50% off during steam autumn sales: only 4,49â,¬

So gogogo! ;)

Atavismus

Hi all!

Dustbowl is -75% during steam sales.
It means 2,24â,¬, so nothing. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/app/367110

HF!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk