There is a new version of the forums ready for testing. Please post here if you're willing to help test! We could also use the help of coders!

Author Topic: Camp 1  (Read 29529 times)

Re: Camp 1
« Reply #40 on: 06 Jun 2015, 20:27 »
I'm stuck at
Spoiler: ShowHide
opening the box lid, that's locked with screws. I think it has something to do with parker's tools, but I can't leave the tent with them

« Reply #41 on: 06 Jun 2015, 21:47 »
I was stuck but I solved it.

Can't delete this post :-D
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2015, 21:55 by Long Hot Summer »

« Reply #42 on: 06 Jun 2015, 23:41 »
Sorry if I'm a little bit late, but I can't find the magazine. Could you give me some clues (or tell it straight)?

Where would someone hide a dirty magazine? Maybe near/in a place where said person could read it in private?
[hide]Look at Chen's bed/bunk.
[/hide]

I'm stuck at
opening the box lid, that's locked with screws. I think it has something to do with parker's tools, but I can't leave the tent with them

Parker is very protective of her tools, even now. You will have to find another way.
The box is secured with screws. Can you think of another "tool" (quite often used in adventure games) to remove a screw? Try something similar.
[hide]A well trusted tool to remove screws is a coin. Again: Try something similar.

Solution:
[hide]Use the washer.
[/hide][/hide]

« Reply #43 on: 07 Jun 2015, 00:15 »
Sorry if I'm a little bit late, but I can't find the magazine. Could you give me some clues (or tell it straight)?

Where would someone hide a dirty magazine? Maybe near/in a place where said person could read it in private?
[hide]Look at Chen's bed/bunk.
[/hide]

I'm stuck at

Parker is very protective of her tools, even now. You will have to find another way.
The box is secured with screws. Can you think of another "tool" (quite often used in adventure games) to remove a screw? Try something similar.
[hide]A well trusted tool to remove screws is a coin. Again: Try something similar.

Solution:
[hide]Use the washer.
[/hide][/hide]

Thank you! I always end up thinking that I tried using all the items, when I didn't :c

Buut I'm stuck again .-.
Did the hose puzzle, turned the generator on, but nothing happens. All I can do is turn the tents power on and off...
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2015, 01:13 by Alhanumbra »

« Reply #44 on: 07 Jun 2015, 15:35 »
Stuck again, with the switches :-[
Solved the two upper rows of switches, but the lower one, doesn't make sense. Maybe I thought I understood it, but "solved" it with luck.
Can someone smarter than me spoon feed me the puzzle?
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2015, 16:38 by Fisha »

« Reply #45 on: 09 Jun 2015, 11:01 »
I'm stuck
The generator is running, lights are on, ect. I assembled the electromagnet and I found 3 spark plugs but I have no idea what to do now.. any help?

« Reply #46 on: 09 Jun 2015, 11:07 »
Sorry for the late reply.
@Alhanumbra & Meritili: This depends what you have done so far. Did you, for example...
...fix the comm circuit in Parker's mask (the one hanging on the wall in one of the tents)?

Or did you...
...find a way to log in to Chen's computer account?

@Fisha: In case you're still stuck. Here are some pointers:
Look at the fuse to the right of the row. I don't remember what it says, but that's the sum you are aiming for.
[hide]The little notes above each switch gives away how much it affects the sum (I suppose you already knew that).

The switches have three positions: Up = minus, down = plus and in between = neutral. I.e. set them so adding and subtracting the numbers equals the fuse's number. (Neutral position is not affecting the sum.)

Can't help you any more here, since I don't remember the numbers. Maybe someone else can spoon feed you properly.[/hide]

« Reply #47 on: 09 Jun 2015, 13:17 »
@Alhanumbra & Meritili: This depends what you have done so far. Did you, for example...
...fix the comm circuit in Parker's mask (the one hanging on the wall in one of the tents)?

Or did you...

Look at the fuse to the right of the row. I don't remember what it says, but that's the sum you are aiming for.
[hide]The little notes above each switch gives away how much it affects the sum (I suppose you already knew that).

The switches have three positions: Up = minus, down = plus and in between = neutral. I.e. set them so adding and subtracting the numbers equals the fuse's number. (Neutral position is not affecting the sum.)

Can't help you any more here, since I don't remember the numbers. Maybe someone else can spoon feed you properly.[/hide]
Thank you very much, I completed the game! I really enjoyed it. I'd like to see more like that (:

« Reply #48 on: 09 Jun 2015, 16:40 »

Or did you...

Thank you, I thought it was something to do with the static, but couldn't figure out it was about the mask. I'll see if I manage to not get stuck again, but I really don't want to give up; the game is great ^^

« Reply #49 on: 09 Jun 2015, 20:34 »
Hello!

I might be a complete blithering idiot, but how do you:

Get out of the crashed ship? I have washer, headset and pole. I've figured out the computer screen and the plug, but that as far as I've got. Again, might be a complete blithering idiot :P

Great job on the game though! Outstanding work!

NickyNyce

• ready...FIRE...aim
    • NickyNyce worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • NickyNyce worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #50 on: 09 Jun 2015, 21:11 »
This should help...

Use the washer on either side of the door. You'll see two panels.

If you're still stuck...

Turn the dials so they face outwards.

« Reply #51 on: 09 Jun 2015, 21:28 »
Thanks for the help!

I heard that

plugging the headphones into the upside down computer a few times gets it work. I have the headphones, washer, component and the pole. But nothing seems to work, when I try to combine the component and the headphones, the player thinks he shouldnt mess with it just yet.

My adventures as a blithering idiot continue :P

-Sean

« Reply #52 on: 10 Jun 2015, 05:57 »
So I'm stuck to the point where I don't even know what I'm supposed to be trying to do.
The only thing I haven't done yet is go into Tent 2, which is locked. I've got a small red key, 3 spark plugs, a green component, a manual, the shears, Parker's key, a washer and the electro-magnet. I' wandering around expecting some kind of trigger to give me a new task. I can manipulate the output to the tents but so far don't know what the point if that is. Any small hints?
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2015, 07:57 by Stupot+ »

Tabata

• mouse-fetishist & smiley-maniac
    • Tabata worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Tabata worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #53 on: 10 Jun 2015, 08:37 »
Just small ones?

hmm  (roll)

With a look at your inventory I'd say there's still something to do for you in the tent with the generator
and what is that static noise in the other tent coming from?
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2015, 11:44 by Tabata »

« Reply #54 on: 10 Jun 2015, 12:07 »
Thanks for the help!

I heard that

plugging the headphones into the upside down computer a few times gets it work. I have the headphones, washer, component and the pole. But nothing seems to work, when I try to combine the component and the headphones, the player thinks he shouldnt mess with it just yet.

My adventures as a blithering idiot continue :P

-Sean

I was stuck there forever too. The thing is you're still missing a piece.
 Go out into the snow and look at the mound. It says you can't use your hands to dig.

If you need more than that,
 Use the pipe on the mound to the left. Dig up an Antenna. Attach to the component and then the head set and now you should be able to call for help when you plug it in =)

Fuz

« Reply #55 on: 10 Jun 2015, 12:35 »
Stuck at the crane... figured out
the controls and the box on the left
, but I can't go forward... anyone able to help me?

NickyNyce

• ready...FIRE...aim
    • NickyNyce worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • NickyNyce worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #56 on: 10 Jun 2015, 13:01 »
@Fuz..

Look a little further up in this thread. The crane puzzle is explained.

Fuz

« Reply #57 on: 10 Jun 2015, 17:42 »
I did look but I somehow missed it. Thank you.

Edit: Now I'm stuck inside the fridge tent. >_<
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2015, 18:31 by Fuz »

« Reply #58 on: 10 Jun 2015, 19:03 »
Stuck again o.o;;

I have
 the four spark plugs in the snow mobile. But it still won't start. I have a feeling I need to get the gas in the tent with parker but I don't have anything to carry it with. I already got the mast fixed. All I have left is catching up with the two of them.

Any obvious hints or straight up solutions would be great =D

« Reply #59 on: 10 Jun 2015, 19:06 »
I did look but I somehow missed it. Thank you.

Edit: Now I'm stuck inside the fridge tent. >_<

the panel by the door (not the computer where you talked to the guy who trapped you in there) is your hope. Mess with the one thing you can.