Manannan: The Search for the Hooded Cloak

Started by NuDawnII, Fri 12/06/2015 23:51:44

Previous topic - Next topic

NuDawnII

From Glidden Design Studios, a Nu Dawn II production.

Manannan: The Search for the Hooded Cloak

The Story

Thirty-five years before King's Quest III, young wizard Manannan has been called out by his sister Hagatha for not being evil enough.  Manannan must travel to the island of Weirna in search for a hooded cloak known for its evil powers.  Meanwhile, Sir Lawrence of Daventry has let down the knighthood and is sent by King Edward to Weirna to train under one of the most regarded knights of Daventry.

Players will play as both Manannan and Sir Lawrence as their paths cross and forces join in a common pursuit.

Screenshots

Development Progress

Story: 80%
Scripting: 10%
Graphics: 25%
Sound/Music/Voice: 5%

Progress continues, no release date to report.

Development Diary

June 12, 2015
All screens and scripting are complete and in bug testing for introductory scene, Kolyma, and Daventry.

July 1, 2015

Progress is slow, but steady.

Graphics 35%

Frodo

Hey NuDawnII

This looks fantastic!  :cheesy:

I've always loved the King's Quest games, and a game about a young Manannan really interests me!  :grin:

Good luck with the game.  When you're ready for bug testers, I'd like to volunteer.  :wink:

NuDawnII

Frodo,

Thank you for your interest and your offer.  I am really excited to be doing this story.  I will keep you in mind when things progress a little further.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Sweet! this is like retro AGS, nobodies doing this anymore ;-D

NuDawnII

Yes, I am a fan of retro AGS, and it fits my skillset well.  It is a good way to learn the scripting and other features of AGS.  I've wanted to do this story for awhile.  Focused on this one at the moment and then will look to push my skills further with the next one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk