Background Workshop II - Concluded

Started by loominous, Thu 04/06/2015 18:07:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

I will finish mine eventually, since I actually have a scene in one of the games am working on, where the BG and scene will fit like a glove. But have no idea when this will be, with the limited time I have. :(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Misj'

Wrapping up this workshop with a small table of contents. It is mainly focussed at the small tutorials and hints rather than the progression of the individual pieces. There's a lot more information in this thread than merely the posts mentioned here, so go ahead and read it all. This TOC is mostly meant as a small guide for future reference.

Stage I: Thumbnails and Composition

Stage II: Sketch Refinement

Stage III: Refinement

There are numerous small discussions (on things like color, inking, software, etc.), hints, paint-overs, and more within this thread. Listing them here would defeat the purpose of this TOC. That does, however, not mean that they don't contain valuable titbits that can help us create better backgrounds.

loominous

I believe this concludes this workshop then (thanks to Misj' for the nice table of content, which I've added to the first post as well).

So, nice job everyone, and let's figure out what the next workshop should be about, and a nice format (short n sweet sounds good after this one).
Looking for a writer

cat

I just came back from vacation yesterday.

Even though I wasn't able to finish my background in time I still learned a lot from this workshop. It was great to see those different approaches to background design and the outcome.

Thank you guys for your helpful comments and tutorials. And special thanks to loominous for organising this activity!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk