Autocomplete stops working after running game

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 21/06/2015 08:44:52

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Suddenly I have a weird issue where the autocomplete no longer completes after running the game once. 

It works ok when I first open the game.  It also seems to work after I select "Show this room's 'Objects'" in the room editor.  But once I run the game autocomplete stops working again? 

It seems to happen in all rooms.

Also, guis are autocompleted as well as audio files, it seems.  Just objects aren't showing up.

SilverSpook

I have just tried multiple projects as well as AGS 3.3.3 and the problem is still there.

I am normally using AGS 3.4.

NickyNyce

Just a silly thought. Try clicking on the object name in the list of objects you have made, then go back to the script and try it again. I had a similar issue, but this might be entirely different.

Khris

I can confirm this; closing the room script and reopening it fixed the issue though.

SilverSpook

Khris:  You have the same issue, where the autocomplete doesn't work for objects after building/running the game?

Khris

Yes, I opened a room script, and auto-complete would recognize the room's objects. Then I ran the game from within the editor. After closing the game, it would no longer recognize object names. Then I closed and re-opened the room script, and it worked again.

Edit: Tested with 3.2.1

SilverSpook

Weird.  I guess it's a problem with AGS 3.4?  What version of AGS are you using?

Crimson Wizard

I apologize for this necroposting, but I've been looking into fixing this lately, and in case someone finds this thread:

I'm fairly certain the root of the problem is that the editor must have room loaded into the memory to show its object names in autocomplete. If the room itself is not loaded in the editor, then there's simply no way for it to get these. So to have the object, hotspot, etc, names in auto complete would require opening the room itself in the editor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk