Fortnightly Writing Competition - TRAVEL GUIDE! (RESULTS)

Started by JudasFm, Sun 14/06/2015 02:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Hey, thanks guys.  And nice trophies, JudasFM!   I'm a little disappointed that Sinitrena didn't get more votes, though.  My personal opinion was that her's was the better piece this time around.  JudasFM has just reminded me of one of her brilliant yet subtle comments:

Quote from: Sinitrena on Wed 24/06/2015 06:34:25
A recitation of this poem can last as long as three hours or as little as fifteen seconds.
(laugh)

And as I've said I do lament not having Mandle's full piece to compete against.  You gotta Michaelangelo up your Da Vinci work habits, bro!  I look forward to the completed piece sometime in the near future. ;)

Gilbert

Well, someone is gaining immortality now, having won SE7EN consecutive rounds in a row.
We should hire a bald hit-man to do his jo...
Err... I meant... Congratulations Baron!

kconan

Seven!  Something happens if you hit ten, I'm not sure what, but something.  The streak continues...

Mandle

Quote from: Baron on Mon 06/07/2015 02:19:46
And as I've said I do lament not having Mandle's full piece to compete against.  You gotta Michaelangelo up your Da Vinci work habits, bro!  I look forward to the completed piece sometime in the near future. ;)

Yeah sorry about that guys, but I had to put all effort into my MAGs entry, which also prevented me from properly voting for this contest...I did not have a spare minute of free time to even read the other entries, much to my shame...

I regret both and hope I can be forgiven...

I really gotta limit how many contests I join at a time, especially if one is a MAGs... ;)

Sinitrena

Wow, Baron, seven in a row. Very, very impressive. Congratulations to another deserved win.

QuoteI'm a little disappointed that Sinitrena didn't get more votes, though.  My personal opinion was that her's was the better piece this time around.

That's funny, because I honestly think yours was way better than mine. You wrote a suspensful story and added nearly as many information about your world as I put in mine, and I had no story at all (with less words, even, I think). Yours also has atmosphere and character while mine is rather dry. So yeah, again, you deserved to win.

Anyway, see you all next round.

Baron

Well, to be fair, one of the "wins" was actually a tie.  And three of the seven wins only had two entrants, vastly increasing my chances.  So I guess the lesson of my success is to never underestimate the power of showing up.  ;)

But thank you all for your kind words.  Now if they could all be channelled competitively into the next round.... :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk