Coloring Ball - Operation: princess! - VOTING

Started by Bohnito, Wed 24/06/2015 20:23:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Bohnito

[imgzoom]http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/ls7o-m-42d9.gif[/imgzoom]

What fearsome monstrosity endangers our beloved but nameless princess? One of those awsome dragons maybe? But what will it look like?! Could it be a giant rat or even... Afrothulu® himself? Hopefully not:-D
Its up to you! Uncover this mysterious mystery and unravel the secret around this creature!
But no game without...

Rules

• You may use only 4 colors! You can use my palette() or your own
  • It is allowed to

• rotate the shape
    • color the outline
  • It is not allowed to

• resize the shape
    • draw outside the outlines
    • use transparency

The shape

The competition ends on July the 5th

I hope you'll enjoy participating like I had when preparing the contest. I'm pretty pretty curios about your ideas how this "monster" may look like! The winning entry will get a special place in this breath taking story...

Have fun everybody

selmiak

Hey, this is cool!
I want to enter, now I only have to do it and don't miss the deadline...

Mandle

Hahahaha! This is awesome!

This contest needs something special. It needs something that has been missing from forums' contests for a while...

It needs:

APRILSKIES!!!

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Grok

Bulbapuck

Oh no! It's corrupted santa! Santa's aweful little brother. In the summertime he aims to balance his brother's work by giving good people presents from the "backpack of naughty deadly things". He also supplies naughty children with weapons.
[imgzoom]http://s18.postimg.org/cmnj8xpf9/Corrupted_santa.png[/imgzoom]
His only weakness is his fondness for shoes that are far too big, they keep falling off :P

I tried to mimic the style of the comic with this one, which was super fun! It's been a long time since I tried dithering.

EDIT: I wanted to upload this on June 25th, as it's opposite christmas day :p
But it was a bit rushed, so here is a version where I fixed some things I was unhappy with. Also took care of two white pixels that somehow got in there:

[imgzoom]http://s10.postimg.org/fih8ygoo5/Corrupted_santa.png[/imgzoom]

Bohnito

only two days to go! so if anybody else decides to participate... your welcome;)

Intense Degree

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/h3l0omM.png[/imgzoom]

Tremble in fear mortals, before the ARMADILLO OF JUSTICE!

Mokho

LORD VON NERD, who else could live in a castle and kidnap a young princess!

Bohnito

O I forgot the due date, sorry. Its officially voting time! I'll announce the winner around Friday.

Bulbapuck

Right! Voting, do we vote for one candidate or is it top 3 like before? I'll do a top 3 either case. This was tough though, I liked all the entries here :smiley:

1) Intense degree: Very clever use of the outline and a really well detailed face gives this the top place in my book.
2) Grok: I love how the sprite has a cartooney feel besides so few pixels, and another very clever use of the outline.
3) Mokho: I think this was a very nice idea and really cool drawing, (love the skull), so it was a very tough choice. But in the end it came down to the usage of the outline.

This was a super cool competition Bonhito :smiley:

Grok

Intense Degree

1.   Grok - looks so simple but so effective and a great use of the shape.
2.   Bulbapuck - There's something about the look on the face of this hunched old guy that I like a lot - very nice!
3.   Mokho - I love a scarf, and together with the huge collar, there's no way this guy is getting cold in that draughty old castle! ;)

Great entries all. :)

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

kconan

Mokho

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Bohnito

So here they are, the winners of this competition

3rd place goes to: Intense Degree
2nd place goes to: Grok
1st place goes to: Bulbabuck

Congratulations to all of you!

Bulbapuck

Thank you! :cheesy:
I'll have a new one up later today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk