2034 A.C. (After Canada) II [Bake Sale 2]

Started by Ponch, Thu 02/07/2015 02:21:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

From The Frozen Wastes To The North Comes...
2034 A.C. (After Canada) II

The adventures of Paige Rowsdower, Royal Canadian Mountie, continue in this second installment of the AGS Award Nominated game series. Thrill to remarkably polite excitement as Paige and her fellow mounties maintain law and order in a world gone to heck. You'll never find an apocalypse so well-behaved!

Car chases! Errant snowballs! Donuts! Recycling! Syrup Stains! Mutants! Assless chaps! Hobos! Goldfish! This game has it all, buddy!

DOWNLOAD HERE
31.4 Mbs

Thanks to Akumayo, Anian, Baron, Ben304, Doc Savage, Frodo, Ghost, HandsFree, Intense Degree, Kconan, SSH, Strazer, SupSuper, and Tzachs for all their help!

Note: This game was originally part of the AGS Bake Sale 2. Thanks to everyone who supported our fundraiser to keep the AGS server going for another couple of years.  :kiss:

Baron

I heartily endorse this event or product. :=

Frodo

MiteWiseacreLives!

Take off, eh! I'm the most exited little hoser ever  :-D

kconan

I unabashedly love this game!  You got your varied types of gameplay, plus fun puzzles, and yucks!

Ponch

Shadow1000

Oh wow! What a way to celebrate Canada Day!

Downloading NOW!

SHADOW

Ponch

I was actually planning on releasing this game on Sunday, but when I saw it was Canada Day, I posted it a few days early. It seemed the appropriate thing to do, eh? :smiley:

donkeymilk

Fandabeeedoodaa :)

Thanks Ponch.
This will occupy my night hours for a while ,great!

P.S.
Happy Canada Day .

What happens on Canada day ?
Do u get a day off work or something ?

Baron

Yes, Ponch, what does happen on Canada Day?  Educate the masses! ;)

Shadow1000

Quote from: donkeymilk on Sun 05/07/2015 00:48:27
What happens on Canada day ?
Do u get a day off work or something ?

Yes, Canada Day is a day off work. It's usually celebrated by BBQs, fireworks, completing yardwork that you didn't get done yet and getting bitten by mosquitoes.

As a historical note, Canada Day used to be called Dominion Day until 1982. The name was changed to Canada Day partly because of the patriation of the Constitution that year and partly because at this point, most Canadians haven't lived here long enough to know enough history to know what the Dominion of Canada refers to so they dummied the name down to accommodate and make sure that people don't feel left out.

SHADOW

Ponch

Canada Day is a lot like Independence Day here in the States, but with beavers instead of fireworks. Also, moose rides are free and all crimes no matter how heinous are reduced to misdemeanors in honor of Canada's otherwise year-round politeness. It's a wonderful, dangerous holiday that we're all grateful only comes once a year. :wink:

Baron

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 05/07/2015 03:30:20
....so they dummied the name down to accommodate and make sure that people don't feel left out.

Wait, wait, wait, wait.  Dummied it down?  I think if Canadians could figure out that May Two-Four is a celebration of beer box size, and Civic holiday is about exalting the celebrated Honda model, then surely they could figure out what Domino Day was for, eh?

Ponch

Go to bed, Baron. You're drunk from another Canada Day filled with too many beers and felonies. (wrong)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 05/07/2015 04:03:36
Canada Day is a lot like Independence Day here in the States, but with beavers instead of fireworks. Also, moose rides are free and all crimes no matter how heinous are reduced to misdemeanors in honor of Canada's otherwise year-round politeness. It's a wonderful, dangerous holiday that we're all grateful only comes once a year. :wink:

Hey, if your US compatriots found out that you know so much about Canada they would ostracize you or kick you out of the States.

QuoteWait, wait, wait, wait.  Dummied it down?  I think if Canadians could figure out that May Two-Four is a celebration of beer box size, and Civic holiday is about exalting the celebrated Honda model, then surely they could figure out what Domino Day was for, eh?

LOL I'm glad you made it through school with the ability to glean so much knowledge. :)

SHADOW

Ponch

I live in Texas. I'm practically exiled from the rest of America already. :cool:

Mandle

I really loved the first game...but I must say...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE SEQUEL MORE-ER (Is that the right way to spell more-er?)

That was a seriously trippy experience and should be used as an example in every class on game design about how to destroy the players' expectations completely AND get away with it!!!

Just....simply....AMAZING!!!

Ponch

Wow! Thanks, Mandle! :cheesy:

Since the original MAGS game, I had been wanting to properly explore that world and the Bake Sale was finally the opportunity I had been looking for. I'm glad you liked the expanded world of 2034. :grin:

MiteWiseacreLives!

Sooooo....
I sit down to enjoy some relaxation time to play 2034, having some good ol' fun.
Figure I've had about enough chuckles for a night, maybe I'll hit the hay (if you know what I mean),
*I'll just save and resume my delightful time tomorrow*, I thinks...
Can't find a save button?? so naturally I start hitting random buttons looking for that elusive menu, naturally.
Start hitting the F buttons... hit F9...
Spoiler
HOLY CRAP!!!!! IT JUST SHUT DOWN WITHOUT WARNING!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! PONCH  YOU  SADISTIC  COW !!!!!!1!11!1!!!
[close]

Baron

Don't worry.  Those jokes are twice as funny the second time around.  It's a little feature called replayability. (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk