Fanbots - v2.0: Voice Acting, New Animations, New GUI, Better Sound Effects!

Started by LostTrainDude, Mon 06/07/2015 15:36:37

Previous topic - Next topic

LostTrainDude

FANBOTS
Another MAGS entry by LostTrainDude, Kastchey and CaptainD

A team of robots reaches the far planet of Koruuna to take over an abandoned Production Studio and revive their favourite show: ANDROIDS

DOWNLOAD

Features

• Full Voice Acting by CaptainD and LostTrainDude! *NEW*
  • Custom Resolution (595x385) just because!
  • Isometric Graphics by Kastchey, because why not!
  • Robot lingo!
  • References!
  • NO COMMON INVENTORY!
  • A song performed by CaptainD!

How To Play

• Left Click to Interact
  • Right Click to Examine

Changelog

v2.0.1 (August 2, 2016):

• Implemented a proper message when choosing to restore game without having ever saved it. (thanks Amayirot Akago!)

v2.0 Update (August 2, 2016):

• Full Voice Acting by CaptainD and LostTrainDude!
  • New, enhanced GUI!
  • A Start Menu with an animated background!
  • Enhanced Sound Effects!
  • Bugfixes!

Credits

• LostTrainDude: Design, Programming, Voice Acting
  • Kastchey: Design, Art
  • CaptainD: Design, Sound Effects, Singing, Voice Acting

"Androids" is a fictional/parody TV series appearing for few brief moments in the series Red Dwarf
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

NickyNyce

Nice idea! I'll have to check this out.

selmiak

quite enjoyed it. Where can I download the complete soundtrack?  :-D

CaptainD

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 07/07/2015 12:37:45
quite enjoyed it. Where can I download the complete soundtrack?  :-D

Just send 60BTC to my wallet :P

selmiak

hey, you just want to order more illegal mexican beer online!

Mandle

Hahaha WOW! I just played the game and it is AWESOME!!! Especially for Red Dwarf and Neighbors fans!!!

CaptainD

@selmiak - that's a big fat lie!  The moonshine is from Venezuela not Mexico.
@Mandle - glad you enjoyed it!

It was a pleasure to help make this game (or more accurately, to watch from a distance as LostTrainDude put blood, sweat and tears into the project, ably backed up by Kastchey's fantastic artwork, while I occasionally threw in some ideas and terrible singing!).  This whole thing partly came about because in a completely unrelated conversation with LTD, I recommended Red Dwarf to him (specifically the first 5 series, before the show went downhill fast).  He clearly has a similar sense of humour to me as he completely loved the show.  A lot of that love went into this game ;-D

LostTrainDude

Thanks everybody for the feedback! :D
It was great to work again with Kastchey and CaptainD and I'm really happy of how everything turned out! It was also interesting to play around with the isometric style, which I always had a soft spot for.

And yes, I was completely unaware of the amount of fun I was short of, before CaptainD told me about Red Dwarf! (laugh)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

xil

Another awesome collaboration guys! I loved the little surprise addition to the room and the ending is nothing short of genius ;)
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

LostTrainDude

I was about to start a new thread in the AGS Games in Production section, but I thought I could just use this since it's here already!

Fanbots goes 2.0!

What's new:

• Full Voice Acting by CaptainD and LostTrainDude!
  • New animations by none others than Kastchey!
  • An enhanced GUI!
  • A start menu with an animated background!
  • Better sound effects!
When will it be released:
Officially on August 1, 2016
BUT, if you are a Patron of CaptainD on Patreon you can get early access right now!

Wait, what? Isn't the game free?
Yes it is, but CaptainD helped me a lot on this project and I really wish his Patreon campaign to get a nice kickstart so I figured this could be a nice way to draw some attention on him, his skills and his campaign!

LostTrainDude

With a little shame for bumping the thread, I just want to announce that FANBOTS HAS BEEN UPDATED!

Download now to experience the finest voice acting anybot dreams of!

Also, please notify me of any problem you may stumble upon.
We really hope you enjoy it!

Kumpel

I loved this one! And never thought about a talkie version ^^ I am very curious if you guys did a robotlike speech style for this one!

Let's check it out!

Amayirot Akago

Not to be Douchy McNitpick, but clicking "continue" before I start a new game gives me this illegible error message:

Still, can't deny this looks intriguing :) Will have to give this a go soon.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Ah man, I mean seriously, who clicks "continue" when they've not actually started a game yet?!?!? :P

Gah... can't believe we missed this. :-[ Should have got my 5 year-old to test it...

LostTrainDude

Argh!

Now that's embarassing! Thanks Amayirot Akago for pointing it out, I'll try to fix it pronto! :)

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

LostTrainDude

And... (hopefully) Fixed!

Thanks again Amayirot Akago for the feedback, now the Best Bot in the main screen points out if one tries to restore a game that has never been saved:

Kumpel

Still pure fun to play! The voice acting is amazing and i loved the now added business of the bigger bots. Exactly what I hoped. It's simply a AGS short game gem. <3 I guess I'll play it at least once a year just for the fun of it.

LostTrainDude

THANK YOU!

These are very nice words, Kumpel, and I can't thank you enough! :)
When we were working on the last bits of the game, CaptainD said the same thing about playing it at least once in a while and I would agree with him.

I guess I can say that we really have enjoyed working on the game :D

CaptainD

Thanks Kumpel!  Really happy you liked the voice acting, I think we were going to have other people involved but eventually to get it done Chris voiced 2 characters and I voiced all the rest, so I hope it didn't sound too much like the same guy!!

I play-tested it with my daughter and the moment we had finished playing it she shouted "AGAIN!" :grin:

It was a really fun project to work on. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk