White is more DEAD - Episode I - French/English language

Started by chefgeorges, Tue 14/07/2015 18:15:16

Previous topic - Next topic

chefgeorges

WIMD is an oldschool adventure game. The world of WIMD is completely crazy and funny. (laugh)
(The title of the game is also deliberately absurd);-D

You follow the investigation of Detective Pigeonmoche, journalist Simon Geremy, and Chef Georges. Humor and wacky situations ! (roll)

Link in GameJolt : http://gamejolt.com/games/white-is-mode-dead-episode-i/27966
Link in AGS : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1940/
Link official topic (French) : http://adventuregamestudio.fr-bb.com/t2350-white-is-more-dead-episode-i-ii

The game will have several short episodes. Episode-2 is already available, but only in French for now (link)

I hope you like it. Be indulgent, it's my first play. :-[

(Be indulgent also with my English, lol)

Shadow1000

I downloaded and played the game.

Overall it's a pretty good game. There's a good mix of puzzles using inventory items and dialogue and possibly some humour in there as well.

A few comments:
- The intro video did not play for me. I was only able to play it by launching it from the game folder.
- For the next game, I recommend reducing the number of icons down to the commonly used left click to use, right click to look. Gameplay was a bit awkward having to click the icons especially with a separate icon for take/open and use/open.
- Most important: if you are going to make more games, please have the English translation reviewed by a native English speaker. It's not just important to have proper spelling, grammar and punctuation, but I was unable to understand much of what was being said because of the poor English.

Looking forward to the next game

SHADOW

chefgeorges

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 15/07/2015 01:55:46
- The intro video did not play for me. I was only able to play it by launching it from the game folder.
It's strange ... I have not had this problem before.
- For the next game, I recommend reducing the number of icons down to the commonly used left click to use, right click to look. Gameplay was a bit awkward having to click the icons especially with a separate icon for take/open and use/open.
Yes, I also found this problem. For episodes 1, 2 and 3, it will not be changed because I want to keep a "graphical consistency." But then I'll be more careful with the interface.
- Most important: if you are going to make more games, please have the English translation reviewed by a native English speaker. It's not just important to have proper spelling, grammar and punctuation, but I was unable to understand much of what was being said because of the poor English.
Yes, it is difficult for me. I translated the first tier of the game. Then a member of the French forum translated the following. I finished the last part of the game. It's complicated to find someone to translate a game... :~(

Thank you very much for to have playing at my first video game! ;-D

Shadow1000

Quote from: chefgeorges on Wed 15/07/2015 15:42:46
It's strange ... I have not had this problem before.

I played it in fullscreen mode. When played in a window, the video did play.

Quote from: chefgeorges on Wed 15/07/2015 15:42:46

Yes, it is difficult for me. I translated the first tier of the game. Then a member of the French forum translated the following. I finished the last part of the game. It's complicated to find someone to translate a game... :~(

Maybe now that it's released on the English forum you can get help from English speakers for the next games?

SHADOW

Cassiebsg

Hey

You probably want to add two screen shots before the mods see this thread. ;) In fact am amazed they missed it.
Also, do you have a mirror for gamejolt? My browser doesn't like gamejolt. :-\

As for finding an English editor for your game, just post on the recruitment section, am sure someone will soon volunteer for the job. :) Good luck!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 31/07/2015 13:04:57
You probably want to add two screen shots before the mods see this thread. ;) In fact am amazed they missed it.
The "2 screenshots" rule is for Game In Production forum.
Completed Games rule sais:
Try to include at least ONE screenshot.
Note the "try": this means that screenshot is desirable but not obligatory.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk