"Britney's Escape: v2.0" -- now beta testing!

Started by lizzlebizzle, Fri 23/05/2014 06:11:12

Previous topic - Next topic

lizzlebizzle

Britney's Escape: v2.0

After tragically losing the source code to my first game, Britney's Escape, I decided to remake it and add some extra fun.
I'm now looking for beta testers!

Development progress:
Story: 100%
Scripting: 100%
Graphics: 100%
Sound/Music: 100%

Expected completion date:
August 15, 2015

Known issues:
-Game will not work with Windows 8; run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 or lower
-Missing sound effects
-Missing graphical transition with hair
-Door during end cutscene does not open/close properly at times

Interested in helping me out? Download the beta here!

Development diary:
May 23, 2014: Post created -- seeking beta testers!
July 31, 2015: Post updated -- final stage of QA

frenzykitty

Looks great- out of interest, why will it not run in Windows 8?

AprilSkies

It runs on W8.
I'm using Windows8 and it runs perfectly.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

arj0n

Runs correct on Win8.1 64bit when windowed.
But: when using full-screen with 'Graphics filter=none', a crash occurs:

Illegal exception:
An exception 0xC0000094 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00489FA4 ; program pointer is -179, ACI version 3.3.0.1162, gtags (0,0)

A crashdump is automatically created: CrashInfo.3.3.0.1162.dmp

AprilSkies

Yes I was playing windowed, as usual.
Playing it full screen I actually got the same error.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

Looking good!  I remember liking the original and extra fun is always a good thing to add to a game. :grin:

lizzlebizzle

Yeah, I should have mentioned that. Plays fine in windowed mode on Windows 8, but I had to set up compatibility for Windows 7 or lower for it to run full-screen. (Anyone have thoughts on this error? I scoured the forums, and usually this error is related to other in-game issues.)

Thank you so much, everyone, for your help! CaptainD, thank you for the compliment. :"> Enjoy.

Gurok

I am able to run it full screen with the default settings under Windows 8.11, so I guess I'm not really much help. My desktop resolution is 1920x1200, so 16:10, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Lizzlebizzle, are you building it with 3.3.0 Update 1? The last build on the 1st of May fixed a lot of resolution switching issues. I'm not sure, but it might help others if you update to that version (if you're not already using it).
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Darth Mandarb

For specific "technical" issues please post in the tech forums (helps keep this thread less cluttered). 

Thanks.

lizzlebizzle

Darth, sorry. I'll post specifically in the tech forum. :) (Let me see if I can figure out the bug on my own first...)

Gurok, I built with 3.3.0, but I don't think I built with Update 1. Let me see if that fixes it. Thanks so much for the tip.

I'll withhold the rest of this technical discussion for a separate post! :)

lizzlebizzle

Hi, all,

I have version 2.1 of Britney's Escape available for download! If you have a moment, please play through and let me know if you find any bugs.

Thanks for your help.

liz

Shadow1000

I just completed the game with the "real" ending.

Only bug I detected is that you can do the same tasks (such as taking items you have) repeatedly.

SHADOW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk