Lolly Adventures [update]

Started by MoonDog, Wed 15/07/2015 16:01:53

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonDog

Lolly Adventures

The Story:

You play as lolly as she travels to a different world full of warriors, fairies, evil wizards and magical creatures. Trying to find your way back home you discover the magic world and your world is in trouble of being destroyed by evil. Solve puzzles and help save both worlds as you look for clues on how to get back yourself.

Some Screenshots:

Development progress:

[EDIT]  Story: 85%
          Scripting: 60%
          Graphics: 60%
          Sound/Music: 25%

Game has been on hold for a bit due to work but I'm back on it. Hoping to finish before end of this month! Super amped to complete my first game.(laugh)

AnasAbdin

Hey MoonDog congrats on the production :-D looks lovely. Cool idea and sweet graphics (laugh)

Fitz

This the second lo-res adventure game with isometric view in production that I've seen this week. I like - even more so since there's something very reminiscent of Little Big Adventure in the graphics, which is one of my all-time favorites.

MoonDog

Thanks guys. This is my first time making a game and I'm glad I chose AGS to create it. It's good for beginners like me who never did any kind of computer courses. Not only does it have a bunch of tutorials but also an ongoing community that's there to help.

Snarky

Nice, though I can't help noticing a distinct lack of lollies. Deliver on your title! Represent! the Lollipop Guild

I like the night effect! ;)

One more thing: I would suggest changing the font. First of all the default AGS font isn't particularly pretty, and also you don't really need the black outline when you're printing it on white. It makes it harder to read. On the other hand, an outline might be good for text without a background, like the label that says "Morgan".

MoonDog

Thanks Snarky. The night effect wouldn't be possible without your help :-D . Will definitely be changing the font but haven't found ones I like yet.

MoonDog

I'll also soon be uploading a short demo for you guys to play. A bit worried since it's my first game but it needs to get out there eventually.

Mandle

Oh my goodness, this just looks so beautiful. Looks like a nice tranquil world to spend some relaxing adventuring time in.

CrashPL

Quote from: Fitz on Wed 15/07/2015 16:56:04
I like - even more so since there's something very reminiscent of Little Big Adventure in the graphics, which is one of my all-time favorites.

Aha, so I'm not the only one! :) (though I enjoyed LBA2 a bit more, but still!)

Very lovely art-style, you don't see lots of isometric adventure games nowadays. I especially like the third screenshot, that lightning, man! :D Good luck with the project!

MoonDog

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 06/08/2015 23:52:04
Oh my goodness, this just looks so beautiful. Looks like a nice tranquil world to spend some relaxing adventuring time in.

Relaxing adventure game is one of the goals I had mind when I decided to start, hope I achieve that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk