A Clone of Monkey Island - Italian translation

Started by Blackmonkey, Thu 16/07/2015 21:48:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackmonkey

The Monkey Island World is proud to announce the release of the italian translation/version of
A CLONE OF MONKEY ISLAND (UN TRIBUTO A MONKEY ISLAND)
[This game includes the translation of dialogues, GUI and graphics, as well as the correction of some bugs.]

Author: Cmdr (Maniac Mansion Mania)
Translation team: Giocherellone, Federico M., utdefault (Monkey Island World)
Translation BetaTesting: Federico M., utdefault (Monkey Island World)
Graphic implementation: Xiradorn, Federico M. (Monkey Island World)
Implemented AGS coding: utdefault (Monkey Island World)

German screens
Spoiler

[close]

Italian screens
Spoiler

[close]

Quote from: RiassuntoWe are on Melee Island, and Guybrush must face a trial to become a pirate! But to do this, he needs to meet the SwordMaster, and the thing is not so simple, because she has temporarily transferred to Booty Island. He needs money to buy a ship and, above all, get rid of the annoying presence of the Sheriff...

The translated game can be downloaded here.
You can find the full source code here.

At this link you can find the translation thread, for requests, questions and comments.

Enjoy! :D

Dualnames

You shouldn't begin gamemaking like this, it's all wrong.. :tongue:

Personal joke aside, it's been a while since I saw a MI game, and surprisingly I'm excited, so, I'll download and tell you my opinion ^_^
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Is this an unchanged Monkey Island built in AGS?  :) should we expect any surprises? Perhaps you could elaborate on the development of your game, BlackMonkey.

Giocherellone

Hi folks! :D

I'm one of the guys who collaborated to realize the translation of this old fangame! :grin:

It is NOT a copy of the original "secret of Monkey island"! It is an all different story: the first part of a new fangame.

Is this enough as a "surprise"? (laugh)

Seriously, it's really very nice. try it!

For the ones who might be interested, it is available the source code, so that it may also be translated into other languages (English, French, Spanish ...)

Enjoy! :wink:

Blackmonkey

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sat 18/07/2015 14:56:50Perhaps you could elaborate on the development of your game, BlackMonkey.
Oh, this is not my game. I'm just a carrier monkey :-D
Monkey Island World is an italian community of fans of graphic adventures (especially Lucasfilm's). We've worked on some fangames translations (e.g. the demo of The Curse of Monkey Island Classic Edition, One rainy day and a handful of Maniac Mansion Mania episodes)

Frikker

If its an "all different story" then I would suggest calling it something other than Clone of Monkey Island as "clone" to me suggests it's an exact copy.
sounds exciting though, I was always disappointed that they ended with a horrible 3D attempt with MI4 and then unlike broken sword , gave up rather than go back to the hand drawn , atmospheric artwork that we all love and continued making more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk