I Can't Sleep in Silence - It Only Rains (Playable Teaser Available)

Started by Blue Bee, Mon 07/03/2016 17:33:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Bee

Presenting...

Playable Prologue Teaser Available HERE
Gameplay Trailer: HERE

In 2008, Detective Warren Blake cornered 'The Abacus' - an arithmomaniac serial killer who had terrorized the unsuspecting residents of Woodport with his seemingly random acts of violence... counting down his victims 7...6...5...4...

It was an encounter that cost more than just Abacus' life...

Now, over ten years later, the mystery of what happened that night is known only to Blake, but violent death once again hits this small English city when a man is butchered in his hotel room.

All the clues lead to only one possible suspect...

Is it possible that a man can kill from beyond the grave???

Promoted to DCI, Blake gets unwillingly entangled in a plot that stretches both his beliefs and his sanity...

Screenshots:

Development Progress:

Story: 95%
Scripting: 80%
Graphics: 30%
Sound/Music: 50%

AnasAbdin

Spooky 8-0 i love the story and art style.
look like tons of fun. Good luck with this ;-D

Blondbraid

The stark colors against the black and white background really reminds me of Sin City. Anyway, that title alone was enough to pique my interest, I wonder weather this game will have psychological horror elements... :)

SilverSpook

Really awesome style, with the black-n-white graininess at a resolution below the pixel art itself.  Never seen that technique before!

Good luck with this!

Blue Bee

Thanks for the kind words guys - I'll hopefully have a 'teaser' demo ready to be played after the weekend.

Stupot

Mandle

WOW! This looks incredible! The story already has me sucked in and the gorgeous visuals rock!

CrashPL

Agreed, the visuals are simply amazing. :shocked: Definitely must play the demo when it comes out!
Nice little gameplay trailer as well. Best of luck with the development!

Blue Bee

Thanks again for the support.

I've added a playable prologue teaser - set 10 years before the start of the 1st game. it's a self contained (albeit short) game, and can be found here.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2031/

feedback appreciated.

Blue Bee

Cheeky new screenshot... (characters are placeholders & film effects not added yet)

Following the prologue and some really constructive feedback I've been a few rewrites in plot etc. which I'll update shortly

Danvzare

I love the way how the blonde hair and red dress on the woman, and the pink neon sign, are the only things in the entire scene with any colour.
It really gives it that fancy noir look. 8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk