Until I Have You - A Cyberpunk Platformer

Started by Dualnames, Sun 19/07/2015 12:40:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

Oh, it definitely feels different -- not just by virtue of a different aesthetic, but the sideview results in a completely different gameplay experience than the topdown view. Though the way he plows through a row of enemies in the teaser -- and then the lightsaber execution -- definitely look familiar :) Still, if I were to compare it to anything, I'd say it looks more like Slain.
Also, how crazy does the gameplay get as his hallucinations progress? A couple of weeks ago I actually came up with an idea for a twisted remake of Mario, much in the vein of the later chapters of your game, where goombas would be walking heads or something and when you stomp them, they'd crack, squirting blood and brains. You can take that idea if you'd like, I doubt I'd do anything with it myself, anyway :)

Dave Gilbert

This looks frigging amazing! And I'm doubly amazed you've got this working in AGS.

Cassiebsg

Good luck with the project,(nod) looks awesome even though I haven't managed to complete the MAGS one yet... (laugh)(roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Dualnames

@DaveGilbert: <333333 Thankies Dave
@Cassiebg: Things have changed a lot from that MAGS game, like I said keyboard support has been added and so has controller support.
Most importantly, there was a high difficulty curve on the MAGS version of the game, and with the controls it made lots of people give up, so that has been fixed as well.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

highkingtorygg

How did you do the weapons? I've been trying to figure out a way to have a gun in my game, but no ideas so far.

ManicMatt

Wow Dualnames, I remember your early projects... you have come a long way indeed!

This game looks right up my street!

Dualnames

@highkingtorygg: You mean the collisions or the fact that the legs move independently of the torso?
@ManicMatt: <3
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mathias

This looks great. Looking forward to see more of it.

highkingtorygg

@Dualnames the collision, and how you show it fired

Dualnames

@hihkingtorygg:

Alright, basically what I do is I chose that the gun in the game, doesn't use projectiles, that is because i always liked the realism in games like Flashback, so I felt it would be nice. So what it does is run a check on the Y of the character and run a horizontal rectangle to check if the closest enemy is within range both X and Y -wise. I detect the closest enemy depending where the character is facing, so only that guy/gal/it can take the bullet. The check is only run on certain specific frames of the gun shooting animation. If it finds a target, then i play a hit animation on that target.

@Mathias: Why thank you kind sir. Courtesy of prettyness is all entitled to Andrea Ferrara, also known as Aprilskies. Our female artist.

Cassiebsg

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 04/08/2015 21:18:39
Courtesy of prettyness is all entitled to Andrea Ferrara, also known as Aprilskies. Our female artist.

I'm sure his feminine side appreciates the compliment... (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Myshkin

Love the style of this, it looks fantastic. And seeing the words Blade Runner, Brazil and Neon Genesis together is making me pretty keen to play this :)
That main menu theme really sets a nice atmosphere too.

CrashPL

Wow, this looks flipping amazing! :D Those sexy visual effetcs, parallax scrolling and the overall design choices - well done! Looking foward to this one!

Dualnames

@Emont: It's a mix of all mine and andrea's favorite things. ^__^
@CrashPL: Appreciating the kind words <3

CatPunter

Like I said in the IRC - BADASS.

Can't wait for this!
Art Director and Lead Artist for "Kate and Shelly Stick Together"

Dualnames

@CatPunter: I'm sorry for not answering, meanwhile things done within this past month:

1) Our site is up, I cannot explain how awesome it looks, do check us out plz

http://www.untilihaveyou.com/

2) 1.5 Chapter left to actually finish the game. I wish AGS forums could allow mp4s to play cause that's how i prefer to showcase footage, so here are some pics with links to short tiny videos

CLICK THE IMAGES TO GO ON A MAGICAL JOURNEY

AnasAbdin

I'm logged in for hours trying to come up with something to say...
Speechless!

SilverSpook

Super excellent!

I've been a big Megaman fan since I had fine motor skills fine enough to pick up a controller so I'm sure I'll love all 16 bits out of this piece of nostaljoy.

Just looking at the wall jumping, bullet-hell dodging and gravity physics, it's actually rather insane, mind-boggling that this was coded in AGS.  Hat's off.

I was even initially going to try to hybridize the retro action-platformer and the p-n-c adventure but that was too much of a bitch for myself, so double kudos to you guys for being the courageous surviving half of that Siamese twin!

Best of luck to you guys, although I'm sure you won't need it since you've obviously already found all of the "red-glove" augmentation capsules, if you know what I mean. 

Dualnames

so, sorry for the lack of updates, but here's a small teaser, i've showcased it before, i believe, in this topic, but this time it's a bit more official, would love to hear your thoughts and impressions. And love, let's not forget love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErWqVMmXyKc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk