The Knobbly Crook: Chapter I - The Horse You Sailed In On

Started by Bavolis, Fri 10/04/2015 04:55:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Bavolis

Thanks! I can't say I was ever a Gobliins fan (had never played it until recently), but I too saw a big similarity in our world styles :) I need to catch up on those games!

The main character is selfish by human standards, but not by Knobbcrookian standards. They are a chaotic new race struggling to survive and they haven't had any real social evolution yet. You'll find out more at the chapters progress--there is a reason for the way they are. In a way, they are still children.

By "thief," do you mean the Melodeen Bard Assassin? Were you playing with the voice pack or without? I can definitely take a look.

Thanks for playing and the kind words!

(on the Patreon thing - first I need to get people to actually play the first Chapter. I'm working on that still (GOG and Steam are my next steps). Once I have some fans, I can better evaluate how people can donate if they want. My main goal is still to provide a fun free game for people to play.)

Bavolis

The Knobbly Crook is now on Steam Greenlight. If anyone would like to see it there - please send a vote my way. Thanks!

http://t.co/NiOjqNhTZU

Bavolis

Last spam about this, I promise - but the Knobbly Crook has completely flatlined on Steam Greenlight, which is surprising for a high-quality and 100% FREE AGS game. I've been getting (and deleting) feedback along the lines of "NO! Steam doesn't need more low budget games!" which is a pretty crappy thing to say when the Indie community has been rocking it lately. So, if you have friends who may be interested or you haven't voted yet and want to see more point & click exposure, please help me get a little more publicity. I'm stuck at 37% and no new votes are coming in.

Thanks in advance!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434453999

Kasander

Come on people, if you have Steam account, dig up your passwords and show this game some love. You know it deserves it! (nod) I already did my Knobbly duty, now it's your turn! ;)

(and how can some people write things like this bit you've mentioned, it's completely beyond my understanding...(wrong) )

Darth Mandarb

I just checked... thought I'd already voted for it but, apparently, not!  I have now!

RetroJay

Hi Bavolis.

You have my vote, a big fat YES!! ;-D
I love the look of your game so much that I have also just downloaded it from GameJolt.
Can't wait to play it.;-D

Yours.
Jay.

Bavolis

Michael2968

I voted for your game on steam. I hope it helps.

Michael

Snarky

Watched a bit of the video on Steam, and absolutely love the voice acting! The way the made-up language varies between (I presume) pure gibberish and something close to English is inspired. I'm impressed you could pull it off so consistently!

Bavolis

Thanks, both of you! I spent a full week with the taste of blood in my throat trying to power through all that gibberish. The main thing I was trying to do is match at least the rhythm of English so it would be easy to read. Some places work very well, others are a bit more chaotic. But! As beings of pure chaos ... it's a perfectly logical illogical language.

CaptainD

I've done a post on IndieGameNews.com - I hope it sends a few more voters your way.  If ever a game deserved to be Greenlit, it's this one!

Bavolis

Thanks, it's very appreciated!

Also - I've received a couple of friendly emails pointing out that my "trailer" needs some serious work, and I agree! I'm currently playing around with Premiere to see what I can do. I love how the AGS community supports its own, in fact whenever I stall on production, you people inspire me to start working on it again :)

Frikker

That is exactly why I want to build my upcoming game in AGS, I Was considering unity because of its tablet and phone porting capabilities but after lurking on here for over a year while i write the story , Ive seen fist hand how great the community is and how everybody tries very hard to help eachother. That too me is like gold dust.

Bavolis

And here it is! A proper trailer! (The Knobbly Crook is sitting around 70% on Steam. Thanks for the boost, voters!)

https://youtu.be/01AHYg27DuQ

homelightgames

I love the detail, the animations (especially the background stuff) and the updated trailer. Voted.

Good luck.

visionmind

Bavolis

For those of you who like to have all your stuff in Steam - The Knobbly Crook is now available (FREE, of course) on Steam:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/378300?beta=0

Chapter 2 is well underway and I should be putting up a thread very soon.

cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk