Background Blitz - Phone Booth - Winners announced

Started by selmiak, Sun 11/10/2015 21:27:41

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

just a reminder, voting ends tonight, I'll annouce the winner tomorrow (or tonight (or vote myself until I like the result...))

selmiak

and since there is a tie already I cast my votes now and add more ties but one final winner, here are my votes first:

Artistic execution: Monsieur OUXX, I just <3 them pixels, closely followed by Kastchey
Playability: kumpel. Cool perspective, everything in sight and lots of stuff to click on
Concept: SilverSpook, these colors are great, the hint at a bigger gameworld but still in the image, yeah.

So counting up all votes this leads to the following end results:

3rd
Kumpel / Crimson Wizard

2nd
Kastchey / Monsieur OUXX

1st
SilverSpook

It was great fun hosting this competition and a big honour to see so many great entries roll in. Thanks to all participants and congratulations to all winners. Wear your trophies proud, this was a hard competition. So hard that cat couldn't decide and didnt't even vote... but that would have added even more ties probably.
Big Congratulations to SilverSpook, have fun hosting the new coloring ball and finish Neofeud now plz :)

Crimson Wizard

Omg, I won third place with a sketch which I forgot about.  :embarrassed:
Well, that is very embrarassing. I guess I must finish it now.

SilverSpook

Woah!  I'm honored to take the gold in this competition, there were some really excellent entries in here and seriously doubted it would happen!

Congrats to all of the entrants and voters of the Background Blitz.  Stay tuned as I figure out how the background competition thing works -- I'll have the next one up soon!

Monsieur OUXX

Congrats Silverspook! :D
Kastchey, enjoy the trophy!!!

Also, a word for Dor Hajaj: You didn't get a prize but your background was simple but with backgrounds like that you can create a very atmospheric game. I love pixel art that has a simple color schema.

That said, I dodn't understand how CW got more votes than other finished backgrounds ???

selmiak

somehow I don't understand how you even got votes, even if you didn't want to enter the competition :P

SilverSpook

Even if he didn't want to receive votes, he did post work-in-progresses of his background the most number of times.  A thousand lies make a truth... :)

Kumpel

Oh wow cool! Thanks for the votes! :shocked:
I love that trophy (bronze looks cooler anyway 8-))and am happy that you liked my first blitz.

SilverSpook

Thanks all for the votes!  Also feel kind of bad about winning the first background contest I entered, although I won't lie- that Hacker Box background took a solid five days at least.  At least I FINISHED IT.  (Lol, not trying to dig anyone who didn't end up finishing- it's a lot of hours!  I wish I could do this stuff faster but I'm too OCD and anal about minute details.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk