Beyond Eternity episode 1

Started by MyEakinBack, Thu 18/06/2015 01:17:12

Previous topic - Next topic

MyEakinBack

Make sure you have version 1.0.4 or later.
In the home menu (save and load games), click the About button to find out. The new version was upload 04 Jul 2015 ~20:00.
There is a bad bug toward the end of the game that can leave you without a way to finish:
Spoiler

If one player has all of the tanning bulbs, and gives them to the other player, the 100 watt bulbs will disappear from both inventories. You then cannot find them again.
[close]

Link to hints file:

HINTS

This is a .html file that uses a lot of javascript. The link brings up the text version of the file. So go through the Download buttons in Media Fire to get the file.

Update June 27:

A full walkthru is now available.

The walkthru was updated July 9
completed: Beyond Eternity

Kitty Trouble

Spoiler
What do the numbers mean on the note found on the trophy, having trouble and don't see a diagram anywhere.
[close]

MyEakinBack

@chaosgodkarl: it's just a tiny hint
Spoiler

You should have conversed a bit between characters about the closet item. That should lead you to the next step with an NPC who will tell you more.
[close]
edit: if you need more:
Spoiler

In the hints file, you would need this in the Infrared path, STEP 4.
[close]

Kitty Trouble

Spoiler
It says "The diagram looks like the puzzle cube." What diagram? I only see the paper with numbers. I couldn't get Andy to tell me where the puzzle cube was even with both characters present and tried all dialogue options possible between the 3 characters, so I skipped that and went straight to the library.

It also said there was a note attached to the cube but I never got that note, only on the trophy.

In case it isn't clear, I'm using the hints and don't know what diagram it's referring to - only the numbers.
[close]

MyEakinBack

Spoiler

Back in Blake's bedroom, the diagram is in his books. Only Blake can get it. The game only allows you to get the diagram after Andy tells you about it (which he must have already done). Congrats on getting the cube!
[close]

Andy

Hi, is it possible to get a save file by the end of the game, I went through your walkthrough, but I don't think I can finish the game without the bulb from the bugzapper, and it seems to have got mixed with the ones from the lab and disappeared, and that was a long, long time ago!

Love the game btw, and solved most of the puzzles by myself :cheesy:, mixing the compound together was such a tricky puzzle 8-)

MyEakinBack

There were two issues with the game that Andy found. These have been fixed in the new version 1.0.6. Again, all saved games will still work because the fixes were so minor. So be sure to get the new version if finding one of these.
Spoiler

1. A bulb disappears when transferring the 100w bulb to the other character who has both the 120w and 180w bulbs.
2. If you set any of the three dials wrong and push the red button on the chamber side panel, you aren't able to see then ending.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk