BackGround Blitz 5th April - 19th April

Started by OneThinkingGal and ._., Sat 05/04/2003 05:17:49

Previous topic - Next topic

scotch

Trapezoid

Evil

i vote GarageGothic. it was really well done, i dont see why just because it was hand drawn effects his entry... keep drawing GG  ;D

scotch

It's not that it was hand drawn.. I just don't think it would have worked right in a game sketched out like that.

Evil

OneThinkingGal and ._.

When did I say it couldn't be hand drawn? :)

Evil

scotch

I think she was reffering to how it's not finished.. not that it's hand drawn.  Most bgs in games are hand drawn..

OneThinkingGal and ._.

You can vote for whatever you like. :) I'm not restricting you from voting for it. If anyone wants to vote for Dave's back, thats fine too.

GarageGothic

Please don't tell me it's too late to submit the final version of my entry. I worked on it till 3am last night, assuming that 19th was last day to submit. I'm not too familiar with the rules here.

Edit: Just found the rules again in the suggestions thread. I KNEW that I hadn't just miscalculated which day was the 19th, back when I said I wouldn't have time to get online before the deadline.

Anyway, here's the colorized version of my previously posted background. I made two versions, one with the horse shadow and one without. I prefer the one without (less clutter), but now that I see them on a screen brighter than my own, I realize that there are some issues with the framing (no pencil at the very top of the merry-go-round). I think it came out pretty good though. It's my first go at colorizing on computer (I originally wanted to paint by hand, but realized I couldn't get the light bright enough), and I learned a lot making it. Looking forward to the Haunted House blitz.

Jimi

I like Garage's, but I'm gonna have to go with Earwigz. It was close though!

Renal Shutdown

* Iqu curses himself for over sleeping for eleven and a half hours, therefore missing the deadline.
* Iqu curses his entry for sucking, anyway.
* Iqu votes for GG, based purely on layout, just in case final pic was disqualified.
* Iqu maybe too late vote he isn't sure.
* Iqu apologies if he is.
* Iqu starts pushes pixels for a haunted house.
* Iqu has nipples...  not that it's relevent, off course, just true.

Hugs
Iqu
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Considering the late entries, I'll leave voting open till midnight today. :)

Nice work GG, I like the colouring.

Renal Shutdown

"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

AJA

I vote for the colored version from GG. The others are too monochrome... :P

Rincewind

GarageGothic, without a doubt.
Incredible colouring!  

TheYak

I vote Earwig...  I really loved GarageGothic and thought it had tons of atmosphere (reminds me of something from AITD 4 or Silent Hill) but Earwig's just screamed noir while GG's was more overall creepy amusement park.  

Dave Gilbert

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Me too earwigz. So that makes ummmm 6 to 4 for earwigz. Congrats Earwigz!

Nice work everyone who entered. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk