The Jimi Hendrix Case (MAGS - July, 2015)

Started by Gurok, Sat 01/08/2015 04:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurok

The Jimi Hendrix Case

Enter the world of Jimi Hendrix, police detective. In a world where everyone is Jimi Hendrix, only Jimi Hendrix can piece together clues and find who killed Jimi Hendrix.

Created for MAGS July, 2015.

>> Download here <<

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kitty Trouble

It seems like a nice game so far, I only wish that
Spoiler
there would have been some warning that you could die, so I would have known to save.
[close]

Cassiebsg

AprilSkies

Great game Gurok!!!
I'm playing it and I'm loving it so far.
Music and gfx are excellent, abd also the mechanics. I appreaciated a lot the double click thingie and how you polished it. Really a great job.
I'll write more once I'll finish it.

EDIT: Finished! I definitely recommend this game. Except some little things here and there
Spoiler
Some missing portraits
[close]
It's really well polished and very enjoyable from beginning to the end....
Can't wait for
Spoiler
Episode N.2
[close]

BTW...
Spoiler
I understood that the killer could be Jimi Hendrix! I knew it was him from the very beginning of the game
[close]

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Grok

Started playing. Very nice this far. Love the mode and the craziness of an all Jimi cast. :)

shaun9991

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Grok

OK, finished.  Nice mode. More violence than I'd expected. Glad for saving at a strategic point. :)

AndyfromVA

Help, I'm stuck!
Spoiler
I have the fish scales.  I've been to the morgue to see the body.  Now what?
[close]

Kitty Trouble

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Sun 02/08/2015 23:33:45
Help, I'm stuck!
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Examine the body better. Then he tells you if there's anything at the crime scene to show him. So show him the scales.
[close]

Stupot

I'm loving the game so far, but I think I need to dig out my USB mouse in order to finish it ;-)

sthomannch

Good game!
The end was a bit unexpected, but fits very well. Congratulations on this one

ThreeOhFour

Oh my gosh I loved this so much! Amazingly fun idea, great aesthetic and the gameplay really worked well (although maybe people would prefer to have autosaves before death bits, though it didn't bother me in a game this short).

Final score: 1296.

Thanks for this one! :=

Bulbapuck

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 01/08/2015 16:42:44
BTW...
Spoiler
I understood that the killer could be Jimi Hendrix! I knew it was him from the very beginning of the game
[close]

WHAT?! I was certain that...
Spoiler
Jimi Hendrix was the killer, then Jimi Hendrix just came out of nowhere! I have this theory that Jimi Hendrix might be behind it all, but I can't prove it
[close]

This game was amazing :-D

Hobo

Well, that certainly was a true Jimi Hendrix experience. Surprisingly, it never got confusing, I could always tell whether I need to talk to Jimi or Jimi.

A good all-around game, very enjoyable. As AprilSkies said, it's very well polished, I always love those little things like double-click to move faster or space for hotspots. The shooting part was kind of tricky on my touchpad, but totally doable.

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Mon 03/08/2015 20:54:56
Final score: 1296.
Damn, how'd you get so many points? Is there a max score?

AndyfromVA

Quote from: chaosgodkarl on Mon 03/08/2015 01:39:04
Quote from: AndyfromVA on Sun 02/08/2015 23:33:45
Help, I'm stuck!
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Examine the body better. Then he tells you if there's anything at the crime scene to show him. So show him the scales.
[close]
Thanks, got it!  Great game.

selmiak

You can never have enough of Jimi Hendrix! Cool Game! 8-)
Final Score 1316.

@Hobo: No idea about the max score, but you get a lot of points for correctly answering all the questions inbetween.

Gurok

Hello!

Thank you to everyone who's tried the game. I'm so glad so many people are enjoying it.

It's been so amazing to watch that little download counter go up and read all of the comments here. I know I should've replied here sooner, but MAGS really took it out of both of us. We've just been resting and recuperating.

@Bulbapuck: I love your let's plays and I've been watching them for a while. It was surreal to see my own game popping up there. Great to see you didn't get stuck for long and the game played out mostly as expected. I think you should definitely make let's playing the MAGS entries a tradition.

@CassieBSG, chaosgodkarl, Bulbapuck, ThreeOhFour and probably others: The sudden death was supposed to be playful, but it might have been a tad extreme. We'll be working on a second release which will address this and some other issues that have been found. The current plan is to replace "Restart" with "Retry" and have it roll things back to a safe point for you.

@AprilSkies: Same goes for the missing portraits. We'll be working on that.

@Stupot+: We have heard that before! Not sure if we can make it more trackpad accessible. I hope it wasn't much of a hassle for you.

@Grok: I was very impressed with your game too! Well, I liked the wishing well and its various outcomes. Some of those puzzles were tough -- required some pretty lateral thinking.

@shaun9991: I'll pass it on to CatPunter or CatPunter might post in this thread.

@sthomannch: Thanks for playing the game. It's really encouraging reading comments like yours.

@AndyfromVA: Glad you worked it out in the end!

@Hobo and AprilSkies: I worked so hard on those little bits. I'm so glad you noticed the polish! Still, it was so rushed that I missed marking one of the exit regions with an arrow cursor, so there's that to fix up.

@selmiak, ThreeOhFour and hobo: Sounds like you three have discovered the hidden high score objective! I'm going to start a little have you tried for anyone interested:

Have you tried...
Spoiler
Shooting the windows at the crime scene?
Spoiler
In the right order?
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
Shooting the windows in the police station?
[close]
Spoiler
Shooting one of the henchmen at the crime scene for a second time?
[close]
Spoiler
Shooting the police chief's desk lamp?
[close]
Spoiler
Shooting with a perfect accuracy rate at the fish market and the crime scene? (You will get the most points if you don't miss.)
[close]

Gosh, that's a lot of
Spoiler
shooting
[close]

BSP currently holds the record, as far as I know, with 1480 points.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Cassiebsg

Damn, now I need to play it one more time. :P
Think I had as many points as ThreeOhFour and when I saw selmiak's score I thought that maybe I had chosen the wrong victim on the quiz... (roll)

Anyway feedback time! Since I've finished it some days ago...

Lovely to see how Jimi's world looks like, great graphics and awesome puzzles! Specially loved the code puzzle! And of course, the unexpected car ride puzzle.... (laugh)

The end was a bit anti-climatic, but now I am
Spoiler

eagerly waiting for season 2! I want to know who hit Jimi and why! I too have a gut feeling that it was Jimi, but can't prove it... (laugh)

And now I guess I'm going shooting amok... cause no, I never tried to shot those, why would I? There was no Jimi there to shoot at... :P
Also, was there a way to get to the file cabinet, because Jimi mentioned he needed to check some old files, but I never managed to get to them.... (roll)

PS - I managed to die twice, the first time and the second time - where I already saved - even though I knew what to do I wasn't fast enough to draw my gun and point at Jimi before he shot me... Not sure if it's because he assumes shooting position but doesn't actually draw his gun or  I'm just a slow confused Jimi...
[close]

Looking forward to the polished version. (nod)

Kitty Trouble

One minor bug:

Spoiler
During the first shooting scene and possibly others, using your police badge on the shooters allows you to freely move around the scene. Also I think the retry option would be best.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk