The Surprisingly Short Adventure of Leopold Kettle (MAGS - July 2015)

Started by Matt Frith, Sat 01/08/2015 15:32:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Frith

The Surprisingly Short Adventure of Leopold Kettle

Join Leopold on his incredibly short adventure on the lovely island of Peanut Wharf.

Made for MAGS, July 2015.

Thanks to:
Dualnames - Music.
Inkoddi - Sound effects.
Babar & Gurok - Testing.

or

Runs best in a window.

Ibispi

Nice game, it's not as short as title might seem to imply, it's not long either, it's perfect.
I recommend it to everyone. Awesome graphical style and animations.

AprilSkies

Surprisingly Cool Adventure!!!
and not so short!

Well done Matt! A lovely game! And terrific graphic (i was like :shocked:)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

LimpingFish

It's...it's so beautiful! 8-0

Awesome game, Matt. Great sense of style, too.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Shadow1000

I enjoyed it as well. Delightful, retro graphics and animations. Puzzles on the easier side but still fun. Overall very charming.

Cheers

SHADOW

Grok

Played through the game. Quite nice. Lovely graphics. I did have a bit of difficulty with operating the inventory, but nothing major and that might just be me. :)

shaun9991

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Hobo

This is probably one of the most aesthetically pleasing MAGS games I've ever played.
It's quite simple, but has great mood, delightful music and I absolutely loved that sneezing sound!

The way the mouse automatically teleported on the inventory felt a bit unintuitive at first and that text was a kind of hard to follow at times, because longer words kept moving to the second row.

Well done, guys! Really enjoyed it.

Chicky

Aww Matt, you never cease to impress me with your pimp pixels. Downloading now!

*edit: Finished, you didn't disappoint with the graphics. The game had a really cute Ghibli vibe and the puzzle pacing was nice, just the right amount of backtracking. The animations were fantastic, the Bubblecat made me giggle :)

Bulbapuck

I agree with everyone here. Beautiful and cute game with really nice puzzles, loved it :)

Gurok

Matt, your game is still so cute. Some of the shading in the backgrounds is incredible. That said,
Spoiler
I still want a GBC version :P
[close]
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

[delete}

My personal game of the year, Matt!

Simply put, from your already impressive portfolio, this is your best work until today. Congratulations!

Cassiebsg

Also finished this one a couple days ago, and loved it. Specially love Hendrix! :-D
Very good, well done...

My only "grip" is actually what makes it great... as I think the text is too big and the sounds too high and I would rather have a VGA version. But then again, you totally accomplished your goal with full aces!
I also had a few misunderstandings with the inventory window, but am guessing that I would get use to it if it was a long game.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk