OROW Dating Thread

Started by Baron, Tue 04/08/2015 05:54:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Yeah, that's right. ;-D

I've collaborated with many an AGSer in my day, and in just about every circumstance I've discovered a great sense of camaraderie and an admirable skill-set far beyond my own abilities.  From Ascovel's philosophy and game-analysis to Radiant's unholy scripting abilities, and from Problem's brilliant musical powers to Yarooze's unshakeable optimism, and from Cat's careful attention to detail to Ponch's eerie ability to belch and snore at the same time, I genuinely feel as if these collaborative relationships have helped me grow as a developer and a person.

Thus, with about three weeks to go before OROW, I'm thinking about partnering up.  Hey, maybe I'll hook up with someone and maybe I won't, but for now I'm interested in seeing what's out there on the singles scene.  I'd probably be interested in working with someone I haven't before, at least in a major capacity -getting back together with an ex is rarely a good idea. ;)  What am I looking for in a relationship?  Well, this is more of a one-week fling, so exnay on the long-term ommitmentcay (Baron doesn't need any clinging vines).  Ability to communicate and compromise would be key.  I'm not so fussy about specific skills or experience, since I've been around the block a few times and could probably fill in any gaps. :=  My ideal partner would be aged 18-63, not because I'm ageist but because I'm not entirely convinced that my mom didn't make an account here at some point and I don't think our relationship can handle the kind of pressure that OROW would inflict. (roll)

So what about me?  I have absolutely no pre-conceived ideas about plot or game-style for the competition (parameters to be announced, I'm sure), but I have been thinking it'd be nice to experiment with a new drawing style I've been developing.  I'm young at heart but lengthening in the tooth, quick to laugh and slow to anger, mildly disorganized and often pressed for time.  I like long walks on the beach except when there are jellyfish involved, but I hate pina coladas!  What are they made out of, anyway?  Sour cream?  Guh!

All right, so let's see what kind of action is out there!  Don't get put-off if I dance with more than one of you as I shop the market -I intend to inspect the goods before I make a purchase.  :)   Even if there's not enough hours in the competition to work with everyone, rest assured that my heart is big enough to love you all. :-*

So.... Wanna dance? ââ,,¢Â«

Radiant

Dualnames

In your first sentence i thought you were describing me and this thread was about you asking me out.
What can I do?

Alright.

1) Moderation skills beyond godlike.
2) Musical Skills so good, they call me Young Bach
3) Coding skills unparalleled and unrivaled
4) Hosted every competition in AGS Ever. MAGS, OROW, Awards, Fortnightly, Background ecc
5) NEVER WON A SINGLE AGS AWARD, refusing to do so, to let others win.

and most importantly

6) Winner of OROW. Provided you and me become an ITEM, Behbeh!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

kconan

Have you told Ponch your seeing other co-developers?

I'm free OROW week.  My biggest turn-ons are unique game projects and easy-to-work-with co-developers, and turn-offs include poorly documented code and missed deadlines.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Damn! Now why is this dance floor so crowded with good looking people >:(

Wyz

As thus far all my adventure game-making endeavours have been generally solo but I have been playing with the idea of teaming up this OROW. Twice the members, twice the fun; or something along those lines. ;D
But I'm quite serious when it comes to OROWs; it is my favourite competition and I like to see them through. My last two attempts left me not very satisfied; it's just too much work for me all alone to pull off the kind of games I'd like to make. So to turn this into a proper dating message:

My strong points would be: Programming, world building, writing and music. I also bring a sense of organisation without the adverse effects that a planning and schedules often have. ;)
As long as we're doing this also, weak points: My puzzle designs are not very good usually and often feel more like chores. And I'm a recovering perfectionist which can potentially pop up now and then and work on one's nerves. ;)

What I look for in a partner would be someone who is not afraid to think outside of the box, dares to dream, has a lush imagination and capable of producing art and puzzles.

That's how you write these right, right?  8-)

But seriously: I'm going to be available for OROW and I'm most definitely going to work on something and am very keen on having it done before the deadline. Yes I would love to team up. (nod)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Baron

Quote from: kconan on Tue 04/08/2015 18:30:47

It's an open relationship. ;)

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Tue 04/08/2015 18:31:36
Damn! Now why is this dance floor so crowded with good looking people >:(

It's just the beer-goggles, MWL.  If I were you I would reserve judgement until you wake up next to one of us on the morning after. (nod)

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Wed 05/08/2015 02:09:41
Quote from: kconan on Tue 04/08/2015 18:30:47
It's an open relationship. ;)
WHY AM I ONLY NOW LEARNING ABOUT THIS?!? :shocked:

Baron

C'mon, P.  Just cause you get off the trolley doesn't mean it stops.:P  Ever since you ran off with that floozy armadillo I've been playing the field.  I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but I have needs, P. NEEDS! :~( 

Baron

Wow, talk about a shallow dating pool.... It's kind of like Clan of the Cave Bear in here. (roll)  Oh well, I guess I'll start dancing with Dualnames while Wyz & kconan make out in the corner (MiteWiseacreLives watches from the sidelines).  Ponch can be that creepy chaperone that stares just a little too hard over his old-man glasses. :undecided:

So Dualnames, you've got three sentences to convince me that you could get out of this scenario: You are stuck in an elevator with a ninja, a cowboy and a very hungry grizzly bear.  The ninja has a sword, the cowboy a pistol with six bullets and a holster to carry it, and the bear has the severed arm of his previous victim (with an expensive watch still attached).  You are carrying a road flare, a lighter, spare shoe laces, and some zombie serum that you just stole from Apocalyptical Labs up on the 13th floor.  Oh, and a breath mint, just in case. ;)

Ponch

Get with the times, daddy-o. That's not how AGS Tinder works. Swipe to the left or swipe to the right. Jumping through hoops and proving your intent is for old people. Game development today is all about the casual hookup, baby. :=

Baron

Enough of your crazy swinger hipsterisms, P.  Your solution to everything is orgy, orgy, orgy....(roll)  I'm not shopping for a casual fling here: I need something resembling a reliable -if extremely truncated - relationship.  Just randomly doing it with whoever "swipes to the left" is about as enlightened a dating strategy as randomly dialling a phone number and trying to do it with whoever picks up.  No, call me hopelessly romantic, but there's gotta be at least a spark to light the tinder.  Something besides just cheep booze and sweaty raunchy animal pheromones.  I haven't deluded myself into believing that I'm going to meet Mr. or Mrs. Right in this process, but I don't think I'm selling myself short by insisting on at least basic compatibility.  I know some folks feel different, and all the power to them, but I gotta think it'd be just a little self-defeating to invest so much lustful effort into trying to ram a square peg into a round hole.  I think all the quick and easy AGSers should migrate over to their own "OROW Speed-Dating Thread" and leave the rest of us old-fashioned types to get on with the serious business right here. :-*

Baron

Ouch, yeah, still waiting by the phone here Dualnames....  Keepin' the candle lit in the window....  Running out of daisy petals to pick off....  Was it my hair?  It was my hair wasn't it?  I get helmet-head, ok!  Just cause there's a little snow on the roof doesn't mean the furnace ain't roaring, y'know.  Maybe you're just playing hard to get cause you know it drives me wild, but I don't think I could respect myself if I keep letting you toy with my heart like this.  So... you know, I think we should dance with other people.  *GASP!*  Yeah, you heard me.  You take your pulsating Greek hips and jitterbug on over to dance with kconan, while I attempt to tango with Wyz.  MiteWiseacreLives remains in his wallflower position, and Ponch graduates to senile old relative who keeps barking dating pointers out to us young whipper-snappers.  :)

So Wyz....  I see you pretend to live North Brabant.  I once walked from Eindhoven to Uden because I couldn't speak enough Dutch to figure out how to use a bus.  You have three sentences to paint my stubborn self-defeating xeno-cluelessness in a favourable light of masculine bravado and fearless ingenuity: go!

kconan

Dualnames is out of my league.  I'm going to sit over here in the corner of the bar and people watch for now.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with a 3-way or a 4-way right?  I don't mean Caligula-esque Swarm size, but small teams of compatible people can crank out more.

Dualnames

Sorry guys, i got caught up on work, i'm not sure i can partake in the OROW, and in what way, so I am not sure what to say. Things changed between now and that post.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Baron

Ponch

Adjusts gold medallion. Splashes on a fresh coat of Aqua Velva. Combs moustache. Waits by the bar. :=

MiteWiseacreLives!

So, uh, hi there, Ponch right? :-[ I thought it was real swell what, uh, you and Baron did in Fridge Follies...  :-[ Hehe  :-[  Well.. Uh I can see your staring at someone umm else... Hey, if you ever wanna come by  :-D uhh my Dad and I got a real cool StarWars collection in the basement!  :-D :-[
Why do I keep bringing up the basement? I probably sound like a creep.. Or like a serial killer haha  :-[ No wait! Don't walk away! I'm not a weirdo! Really  :~(

kconan

Ponch

Is it just me? Or is somebody here putting out "the vibe"? :cool:

Looks like it's time to break out the big guns and upgrade to Brut.

Now what's this I hear about Star Wars toys? :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk