OROW Dating Thread

Started by Baron, Tue 04/08/2015 05:54:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyz

Well I don't know if I can dance the tango without elongating and flattening your toes but I've got a great sense of rhythm so I'll be stumping on your feet in an albeit rhythmical fashion. Perhaps I could teach you some Dutch so you're future wanderings through the lower parts of the Netherlands leave your feet not aching and slightly more comfortable in a warm damp whiffy bus; heck I might even teach you to pronounce your last name correctly ;). Other than that, let's dance and have a good time and all that before Ponch stinks up the place even further. ;-D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Ponch

Quote from: Wyz on Thu 13/08/2015 02:29:03
heck I might even teach you to pronounce your last name correctly ;).
I thought his name was Baron Von Baron.

QuoteOther than that, let's dance and have a good time and all that before Ponch stinks up the place even further. ;-D
You and Baron are leaving the party? But the night is still young, baby! And I haven't even asked you what your sign is! (Leo, am I right? := )

Baron

Look out!  Ponch is in high-gear pick-up mode!  Maybe we should all stick together in this very public dance hall, for safety's sake. (roll)

I like how Wyz returned my call instead of leaving me to stew for three days, and his moustache appears to be better groomed than that of certain other dancers here.  The offer of elocution lessons was a bit pretentious, though. ;)  Anyway, that's a pretty solid plus two.  But to be fair, I should see what moves some of these other fellas can bust before I commit to anything.

So, on to kconan, who has very helpfully published photos of himself in his sharp orange suit to help me with my decision.  Right now I'm wearing a garment of bright yellow feathers, which makes me afraid that if we're seen in close proximity people might mistakenly get a hallowe'eny-vibe from us.  You have three sentences to set my Fashion-Faux-Pas-O-Meter at ease.  Go!

In the meantime, MiteWiseacreLives continues to creepily try to pick-up Ponch, while Dualnames leaves the dance floor to take a Wyz. (laugh)

kconan

Quote from: Baron on Fri 14/08/2015 04:45:54
So, on to kconan, who has very helpfully published photos of himself in his sharp orange suit to help me with my decision.  Right now I'm wearing a garment of bright yellow feathers, which makes me afraid that if we're seen in close proximity people might mistakenly get a hallowe'eny-vibe from us.  You have three sentences to set my Fashion-Faux-Pas-O-Meter at ease.

Those who didn't dress up for the "Jim Carrey as Lloyd OR Big Bird Costume Competition" are the only people in danger of committing a faux pas at this bar.

Blarghh, I'm now souring a bit on OROW...I wasn't aware until just now that preexisting assets/resources are allowed.

Baron

Cold feet once you examine the goods from up close, eh?  ;) 

kconan

Quote from: Baron on Fri 14/08/2015 13:19:51
Cold feet once you examine the goods from up close, eh?  ;) 

Nope.  In fact, you and/or Ponch could be working on a Toilet Tycoon sequel (for MAGS or just as a non-comp game) and I'd be game to join up.  You guys are talented, easy to work with, and you actually release games.  I've worked on a number of games that I either never heard anything about again or were scrapped by the lead developer.

My annoyance is that OROW, which sounds like a really cool and tough IT reality show, sorta becomes One Room Unlimited Weeks if you can use preexisting graphics and code.

Wyz

Well that has always been a rule; but that only goes for resources made publicly available, meaning that everyone has to have access to them. This is mostly to allow use of plugins and modules since reusing art (unless you are making a RON or OSD game) is really not all that useful. It would also not be in the spirit of the competition to already start working on something before it really has started. I guess that you can already think of story ideas vaguely but anything more involved than that would be a no-no. Even having ideas like 'I'm going to make a platform game for OROW' on forehand would be a bit dubious if you ask me but even more strongly: you would not experience the true absolutely mind-sucking chaos that is the first few hours of OROW which is an amazing phenomenon you surely don't want to miss out on. It is stuff like that that keeps us on-edge and in a creative spiral where no one really knows where it ends. :-D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Ponch

Quote from: kconan on Sat 15/08/2015 02:56:20
In fact, you and/or Ponch could be working on a Toilet Tycoon sequel (for MAGS or just as a non-comp game) and I'd be game to join up.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Oh!! Thanks for the post Wyz, I was really starting to wonder if the recent talk was really what I though OROW was all about (roll)
Freely available assets makes much more sense (nod)

kconan

Ok, thanks Wyz for the clarification.  I wasn't aware that is was only publicly available resources; being able to use plugins and/or modules makes sense.

cat

There have been different rules for different OROW.

Last OROW, no pre-existing resources (art, music,...) were allowed, only already published scripting modules and AGS templates.

Ponch

Hey, alright! Cat made the scene. Just as this was in danger of turning into a sausage fest.

So tell me, Cat. Are you an Aqua Velva lady? :=

cat

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 15/08/2015 21:21:55
Are you an Aqua Velva lady? :=

I wouldn't even know what that is ???

Ponch

Quote from: cat on Sat 15/08/2015 21:31:14
Quote from: Ponch on Sat 15/08/2015 21:21:55
Are you an Aqua Velva lady? :=

I wouldn't even know what that is ???
The manliest cologne five dollars can buy. :cool:

MiteWiseacreLives!

The only thing more sensual and alluring than your AquaVelvet is the AquaVelvet and Scotch I just ordered from the bar. 8-) What do yah say Big Bull? Should I tell the barkeep to pour a second?  ;)

Ponch

And just like that, this vibe got a little creepy. (wrong);)

Baron

I still think MiteWiseacreLives can win Ponch over.  Keep trying, dude!  Bovines love persistence! :=

Me, I'm torn between Wyz & kconan (and this little French-connection thing I've got going on the side via PM ;)).  I really need to have my partner picked out within the next week.  Does anyone have a foolproof yet relatively bloodless way to choose between potential mates?  Thanks in advance for the dating advice,

BvB

kconan

Quote from: Baron on Mon 17/08/2015 02:45:11
Me, I'm torn between Wyz & kconan (and this little French-connection thing I've got going on the side via PM ;)).

Ponch wooed me with his bold moves, so I've joined the dark side.     

Baron

NOW this is getting interesting!  ;-D  You need like a scorecard to sort out the merry-go-round of relationships. (roll)  Let's see if I've got this straight: so MiteWiseacreLives is trying to woo Ponch, who has been secretly courting kconan, who was openly flirting with Baron, who has been stringing along poor Wyz, who secretly wanted to dance with Dualnames, who is possibly pretending to be French.  :shocked:  I'm not sure how cat fits into this sordid web of highschool heartbreak, but regardless I think we've already got the basis of a nice little teen romance drama.  Man, you really couldn't make this stuff up if you tried! :-*

Ponch

Oh, don't try to play it cool, Baron. Admit it. You're both miffed and impressed with my Kconan nabbing skills. :=

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk