Joke With The Pope

Started by Mandle, Sun 13/09/2015 01:30:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

The pope wants to hear your joke:

jokewiththepope.org.

It's a charity event run by the Vatican. You can submit your joke at the above link.

Here's the one I submitted (not my original joke but I did type the whole thing all on my own!)
Spoiler

The pope was heading out of the Vatican on his way to an important meeting. When he got to his car he asked the driver if he would let he himself, the pope, drive the car today. The driver refused at first stating that he would get fired if his superiors found out, but the pope insisted and the driver had no choice but to get in the other side and let the pope drive.

The pope immediately floored the accelerator and started driving down streets at 200km/hr. The car was soon stopped by a policeman who came up and knocked on the tinted window. When the window came down and the cop looked inside he became flustered and called the station-house on his radio.

The station chief answered and the cop told him: "I've stopped a car doing 200km/hr in city streets."
Chief: "That's great! Book the driver!"
Cop: "There's a problem. It's somebody very important."
Chief: "Even better! Make an example of them!"
Cop: "But Chief...They are really, really important..."
Chief: "Hollywood star?"
Cop: "Higher...higher..."
Chief: "Politician?"
Cop: "Hiiiiigher..."
Chief: "Obama?!"
Cop: "Even higher..."
Chief: "Well who is it, man?! Spit it out"
Cop: "I think it's God..."
Chief: "........ What do you mean you think it's God?!"
Cop: "Well who else could it be..."
Spoiler
Cop: "He's got the pope for his driver..."
[close]
[close]

If anyone submits a joke feel free to also post it in this thread for our amusement...

Stupot

Here's one:

"There once was a man who wore a stupid dress and was somehow looked up to by millions of people who believed he was divinely chosen to be in a position where he could say whatever he liked and they would just go along with that, sometimes at the expense of their own happiness, because they feared that if they didn't then they would go to hell."

"Oh really?"

"Hehe, nah, that's way too far-fetched"

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 13/09/2015 07:43:16
Here's one:

"There once was a man who wore a stupid dress and was somehow looked up to by millions of people who believed he was divinely chosen to be in a position where he could say whatever he liked and they would just go along with that, sometimes at the expense of their own happiness, because they feared that if they didn't then they would go to hell."

"Oh really?"

"Hehe, nah, that's way too far-fetched"

That being said: The last three popes have actually been kinda cool guys for the most part...I would love to have a sit down over some fine wine and just chat about stuff with any one of them... (well, provided they were alive...)

Retro Wolf

I'm not a believer, but I always like what I read about the latest Pope. Shunning the riches and all that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk