MAGS August: "It's Summer!" (VOTE)

Started by Atelier, Wed 05/08/2015 00:23:04

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigoaddict

Ta-da! Menu screen:

I've been contemplating showing a bit of skin, but I want to hold off showing anything more until I release it.
I pretty much completed scripting the first puzzle.
I'm estimating that, scripting-wise, I am 1/3 done, I wasted a couple of days and I spent most of today cleaning my room.
Let's just hope that after everything is done, I remember to turn Debug mode off before uploading it.

Mandle

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 22/08/2015 14:42:25
Report in, everyone! How are your games progressing? :)

Mine is doing great actually. I bumped up the difficulty of swimming in the open ocean so that drowning happens quicker, thus preventing the player from reaching safety too easily.

Also: gathering, crafting, and hunting are all working properly so far...

Next up: I have to figure out the coding for the player being able to build shelters so that they have homes to go back to and be able to build them up enough so that they don't get totally wiped out during typhoon season...Or potentially found and attacked by natives and/or pirates...

OH SNAP!!!

I FORGOT I'M NOT ENTERED IN THIS MAGS!!!

Errrrrmmmmmm....Please ignore this post...

* Mandle does the flashy thing

The Great Underground Empire

I had to redesign the entire story to fit the time I lost trying to make a more complex, satisfyingly adventurey adventure, I got stuck for a bit mentally...now it's sort of a short, playable, extremely dirty and humorous fable. :)

But all background art is done, now plowing through character art and scripting.  Fingers crossed!

Grok

OK, I'll throw my hat into the ring as well

Almost done.

Mandle

OMG getting so exciting with all the screenshots and awesomeness and everything!!!

WHAM

First puzzle is coded now, but still needs a couple of extra animations and sound effects to make it work. But hey, it's GAMEPLAY! Yay!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

Shameless doubleposting!

Game currently consists of 1540 lines of code, 312 sprites and one room.
I ran out of objects in the room (forgot that AGS has a 40 object limit per room) and thus I had to add a bunch of characters to function as objects instead.

Gameplay is getting along nicely, I expect 3-4 more nights of coding to have the game fully playable from start to finish, then it's off to polish, add sound effects and little animations and TEST!

By the by, if you are reading this and might want to test my MAGS game, let me know. ;)

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

cat

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 25/08/2015 12:46:18
I ran out of objects in the room (forgot that AGS has a 40 object limit per room) and thus I had to add a bunch of characters to function as objects instead.

Is this still the case with the newest alpha of AGS? Then you should report this in the tracker since so many other limits were removed already.

WHAM

Quote from: cat on Tue 25/08/2015 13:29:38

Is this still the case with the newest alpha of AGS? Then you should report this in the tracker since so many other limits were removed already.

Nah, I'm sticking with the official release version.
No matter which software is in question, I steer away from "alpha" and "beta" releases if possible. :)

WHAM

Holy smokes, talk about an early start! You finished your game with almost 2 weeks to spare, HOW DO YOU DO THAT!? :D
Anyway, congratulations for the release! :)

Grok

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 25/08/2015 20:59:42
Holy smokes, talk about an early start! You finished your game with almost 2 weeks to spare, HOW DO YOU DO THAT!? :D
Anyway, congratulations for the release! :)

Thank you
It is just a short little thing without any great complexity...
and I guess i am pretty fast. :)

Good luck with your entry.

WHAM

I just beat my game for the first time. It's short, but it's playable. Still need to add more animations and sound effects, but it's getting close, and I have all weekend for the project! :D

Gurok

Congrats, WHAM. That's a major achievement. Now, crunch, crunch, crunch!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 28/08/2015 18:49:20
I just beat my game for the first time. It's short, but it's playable. Still need to add more animations and sound effects, but it's getting close, and I have all weekend for the project! :D

That is totally news!!! This means even if you forget to wake up between now and Sept 5th you still at least have a MAGS version of the game to release (and polish later), which means you have already crossed the finish line!

Chicky

Eek! I leave you guys for one week and come back to two finished fully playable entries, jeepers!

I'm back from sunny Norfolk (after a 6 hour drive) and now have two full days free before the release of Metal Gear Solid V, this game could be disastrous for my productivity so looks like i'm stuck here the next 48 hours try to finish my entry. Someone pass me the cola and potato crisps, i'm going in!

Congrats on finishing early Grok and sounds like your entry is in the bag too WHAM, psyched to play the competition :) That title looks beautiful PlayPretend.

WHAM

Added my games last features, and locked the project down. No new features, only bugfixes and fine-tuning.

I plan to send the game out to a couple of testers on Monday. Hopefully they won't discover anything too drastic.

Here, have one last picture from the game before official release.

Mandle

Quote from: Chicky on Sat 29/08/2015 17:46:36
and now have two full days free before the release of Metal Gear Solid V, this game could be disastrous for my productivity

I just contacted the developers of Metal Gear Solid V and they agreed with me that this MAGS is way too important to endanger. They are pushing back the release date a week for the greater good of the indie game-dev community.

These multi-million dollar game companies are just nice that way I guess!

WHAM

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 29/08/2015 23:25:45
I just contacted the developers of Metal Gear Solid V and they agreed with me that this MAGS is way too important to endanger. They are pushing back the release date a week for the greater good of the indie game-dev community.

These multi-million dollar game companies are just nice that way I guess!

NOOOO! You've made a terrible mistake! I already got my boss to agree to me having a couple of extra vacation days just after the release so I can get my Metal Gear on! :D
Take it back! TAKE IT BAAAAACK!!!!11oneoneeleven

Chicky

A delay on MGSV at this point would actually be appreciated, something I thought I would never say! The crunch is on, I have Relentless Tropical Juiced and was up until 5am last night. I may have wasted an hour playing Rocket League, but we won't talk of that.

...and I still don't have an ending to my game. (roll)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk