(WINNER ANNOUNCED!) Background Blitz - Themed Hotel Bedroom (Vote Closed)

Started by Myinah, Fri 07/08/2015 08:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Myinah

UPDATE: Congratulations Dropped Monocle Games!

UPDATE: Voting now open until 6th September 2015. Pick your favourite background! Who will win, Grok or Dropped Monocle Games?

Sorry this has been so delayed. My autoimmune disease has been acting up like crazy so this hasnt been at the front of my mind. I wont be closely monitoring this but anticipate voting will start on the 29th.

For this background blitz I wanna see some novelty themed hotel rooms! The game is set in a cheesy theme hotel, and you are in one of the crazy bedrooms. Maybe it's a space room, maybe it's a jungle room, maybe the theme is more subtle, but it's important the bedroom have a noticeable theme to the decor and furnishings. Other than that, go nuts!

Myinah

Dropped Monocle Games

Who knows if I will get this finished on time as I have only just started and have a real bad habit of not finishing backgrounds for blitz'
but here is what I have so far

Mandle

Oh wow!!! That is amazing!

And...are those Squidward's feet on the bedframe I spy?!

Myinah

Cassiebsg

I would rather spend the night in Grok's designer room as that giant octopus is way too scary!!! 8-0 8-0 8-0k
However, I think Dropped Monocle Games's fits better in my kind of game and lovely detailing and coloring ... :)

But since we can only vote on one I'll go with personal "like"... Grok.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Bulbapuck

Both very nice concepts with very good execution.
I vote Sox as I just love all the small details in that one ^^

Hobo

Both backgrounds are real nice, but my vote goes to Sox for that mysterious aquatic atmosphere.

Hmm... both rooms have a treasure chest in them. Is that a common feature in hotels these days? Where are all the free towels and minibars?

selmiak

My vote goes to Sox. I was wondering what a ball is doing on the bed until I realised the bed is a giant clam! Great details! ;-D

Haggis

What would be really cool is if Sox room had a glass ceiling and the room above was Groks!

I think they are both most excellent - but there is a simple charm about Groks (plus the fact it looks like you get a free drink) so that gets my vote

Mandle

Quote from: Haggis on Wed 02/09/2015 09:13:26
What would be really cool is if Sox room had a glass ceiling and the room above was Groks!

I was just thinking that both look like rooms from the same-themed Love Hotel here in Japan and then you mentioned the glass ceiling...OMG soooo many posibilities...

And so many potential "Treasure Chest" one-liners for male customers to spring on their partners...

But my vote must go to Sox at the end of the day just for the little details that really tell the story about what the room is all about...

Superkumi

Wow!
Very nice!
My vote goes to Sox, the coloring is just amazing, looks like something out of an HD cartoon.

Stupot

Myinah

The votes are in and it appears Dropped Monocle Games has won and will be in charge of the next background blitz! Congratulations Sox! Well done to our runner up Grok who also had a wonderful background.

Dropped Monocle Games

wooohoo! thank you everyone.
I'll start the next background blitz as soon as I can. got a fun theme in mind :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk