Darts Chalkboard made in AGS

Started by Stupot, Thu 13/08/2015 03:27:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Any darts enthusiasts out there?

I used to played for my local vilage club, but it has been about 8 or 9 years since I was really into it. But a while ago I picked up a dartboard in a recycle shop and have finally got around to putting up.

Darts is an expensive hobby in Japan and they mostly use those awful soft-tip electronic machines where you're lucky if it even registers your score properly. Still I managed to get hold of some cheap steel-tips and off I go.

But then I thought: what I really need to top off my new set-up is a chalkboard. Of course I could have just bought a cheap one. But why buy anything when you can make it in AGS. So I did.

Here is my AGS Darts Chalkboard.
Download it here!

Feel free to check it out. It's probably only useful to me. If you don't play darts, you don't need it, and if you do you probably already have a real chalkboard.  But this was just a bit of a time-killing coding exercise.

Let me know what you think. And by all means, let's use this thread to talk about darts in general, if you are interested :-)

Baron

I would have thought they'd play ninja darts in Japan.... (roll)

Still, cool coding exercise! :)

Gurok

I have been following the development of this on Twitter. Niche but useful :D
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

This reminds me of something Douglas Adams said in his book "Last Chance To See":

He was wondering what the total volume of a termites' nest he came across in his travels would be...

So he looked up the formula for finding the volume of a roughly conical shaped object...

But instead of just figuring out the raw data he had on one particular termites' nest on a regular calculator he decided to make an application on his Macintosh to calculate the volume of any termites' nest in the world...or even ones of impossible size...

He said in the book that he spent some very happy dozens of hours programming and testing this application, the whole while knowing that he was going to be the only one to ever use it, and only once at that...

Then he provides the reader with the volume of dirt contained in the termite mound he saw in his travels...

OMG I wonder if that app still exists in some form on a computer or floppy disc somewhere...It could be worth a small-fortune!!!

Stupot

And this was long before "there's an app for that" became a thing. Hehe.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make it compatible for a Windows tablet? I thought it would work and tried it but at I got an error saying that I need a mouse. I thought the point of a tablet was that you don't need a mouse, but there you go. There must be a workaround. This would be so cool if I could get it working in a tablet. I feel like it should be possible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk