MAGS August: "It's Summer!" (VOTE)

Started by Atelier, Wed 05/08/2015 00:23:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

I have had a report of a text entry GUI that doesn't disappear when changing rooms under certain circumstance so I'll be updating the download link tonight with this fix.

Can't wait to watch those let's Plays Bulba! :D

Mandle

I have now played all the entries and all of them are AMAZING!!!

It did however for me come down to my final vote and I was sooooo ripped in two:

For me it had to be either Bitstream or Cold Hand Reef...despite the other two entries being of top quality as well...These two were just of tippy-top quality...

After going back and forth for a long time I had to go with the entry that was simply nothing like anything I had ever seen before from an AGS game:

I voted for Bitstream even though it broke my heart to do so because Cold Hand Reef is an instant classic for the mainstream adventuring community and its story continues to haunt me...

But: Bitstream, while it will probably not appeal to everyone, oh man!!! I was actually IN that world and battling for my freakin' right to breathe with only my hacking abilities to save me (oh yeah and just: the rest of the world)...

MIND BLOWN!!!

EDIT:

OHHHHH!!! After watching Bulbapuck beat the game I realised what happened at the end I think:

SPOILERS ALERT:
Spoiler
I'm thinking the government/corporation sells Oxygen(TM) to the population in breathing devices and that otherwise the entire society is a sealed vacuum. So: either work for the system and get your oxygen or "drown", which is another way the game fits the theme!!! Not just drowning in the bitstream but actually drowning!!!

The main character has a main tank of oxygen and also a reserve (screen: bottom right) and is trying to hack into the controllers' computers to VOID the supply of oxygen (that is being rationed out) into the vacuum of the closed system that the society lives in before his/her own supply of oxygen runs out...

The last sound at the end of the game sounds very much like somebody pulling a breathing mask off their face and taking the first deep breath of real air that they have ever known...

I may be way off base with this theory of course...Hope the author can confirm or deny...
[close]

Chicky

Atelier seems to be AWOL :P

I believe voting was meant to close on the 20th, do we have a backup plan?

Mandle

Quote from: Chicky on Thu 24/09/2015 09:00:10
Atelier seems to be AWOL :P

I believe voting was meant to close on the 20th, do we have a backup plan?

He was online yesterday. I have messaged him with a reminder about this...Cheers!

Mandle

Cassiebsg

Guess he's just too busy... hopefully with positive stuff.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

I've taken the liberty of closing the voting for this. According to the site these are the results for August:
Bitstream - 8 votes
All Gone Soon 2 - 8 votes
Cold Hand Reef - 3 votes
Linn the Protector - 0 votes

So Chicky and vertigoaddict share the spoils. Well done guys. Perhaps between you, you can think of a new topic for October and I'm sure no one will mind if you start a new thread.
Commiserations to WHAM and Grok.

WHAM

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 05/10/2015 01:10:55
Commiserations to WHAM and Grok.

;____;

Congrats to the winners anyway! One day I shall rise from the ashes and challenge thee once again!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Atelier

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 04/10/2015 17:52:42
Guess he's just too busy... hopefully with positive stuff.

Yeah - I've just started my final year at uni and everything's very intense right now. There is also a Miss Atelier dividing my attention :-D

I intend to make an announcement regarding my hostship very soon.

Thank you very much to Stupot for taking the initiative; and most importantly, I am truly sorry for letting all our entrants down these past two months - please know it does not mean I do not appreciate all your hard work and passion, as ever!

Stupot

Miss Atelier is a lucky woman.
You haven't let anyone down. We know you've been busy.
I'm more than happy to share the hosting burdens if you need an extra pair of hands

Chicky

Good to hear from you Atelier :)

Thanks to everyone who voted! I thought i'd won for sure before vertigoaddict snapped up those last two votes, I was really impressed by the length of your entry vertigoaddict :)

We will have to think of a super interesting topic together, two minds means twice the awesome, right? ;)

Also a big congratulations to WHAM and Grok for finishing their entries and creating two great games in just four weeks!

vertigoaddict

I could totally relate to that Atelier (so happy I'm done with uni, break a leg!). Congratulations Chicky... and apparently I won too, wow; honestly with the enteries we had this round I didn't think I'd even make the top two, thanks guys!
You're impressed?! Have you seen Bitstream? =P just...the magnitude of...everything in that.
Speaking of impressed, Grok is very close to becoming another slasher and WHAM is a ball of innovation (I voted for you xoxo).
Hmm, I gotta think of some better theme ideas lol, I'll PM you Chicky sometime later today (it might be tomorrow for you with the time differences).

Retro Wolf

Is there going to be a MAGs this month? Or is it being skipped?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk