AGS Build Server

Started by Crimson Wizard, Wed 19/08/2015 09:49:28

Previous topic - Next topic

morganw

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 15/06/2018 19:10:52
Quote from: morganw on Fri 15/06/2018 18:06:13
Is it definitely the "allegro-4.4.2-agspatch" branch which I should be building?
What happens if you use prebuilt libraries? They are built from that branch.
Thanks for uploading those, I'll try it again tomorrow.

May I get the build scripts somewhere to try and see these issues?
Yes, sure. Which version of Windows are you using?
I did find that some of the string handling in older versions of Powershell caused some problems, so I probably need to make some changes so it works in more places (possibly by not using Powershell).

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: morganw on Fri 15/06/2018 23:38:23
Thanks for uploading those, I'll try it again tomorrow.

I could swear they are linked in the readme.md, but apparently not, need to do then.

Yes, sure. Which version of Windows are you using?

Windows 7.

Crimson Wizard

I was testing master branch today, and found that walkable areas are broken: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/issues/457

Earlier you said that you were trying 3.4.1 also, could you double check that you actually built using old code?

morganw

Yes, sure, I'll take another look.
Hotspots were also broken (@HOTSPOT@ wasn't getting updated and I couldn't interact with them), if it is the same issue.

morganw

I don't think I did build the 3.4.1 code, so it is probably the same issue.
Here is a (rough) script that will build the master branch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub9zjh1ip2vx0on/bootstrap.cmd?dl=1

Best to only use it in an empty VM, but it works on Windows 7 64bit and Windows 10 64bit.
First run needs elevated privileges, second run needs to be started from a Visual Studio command prompt.

Crimson Wizard

morganw

This fixes the walking around and the hotspot detection, but character speed must have also been scaled somewhere because movement has slowed down (game speed is fine).

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: morganw on Tue 19/06/2018 17:56:23
This fixes the walking around and the hotspot detection, but character speed must have also been scaled somewhere because movement has slowed down (game speed is fine).

Well, I guess that means that there was something wrong with the master branch, not build scripts.

Master branch is obviously in a non stable state right now, after merging "ags4" into it. It needs to be tested and fixed.

Perhaps, it will be more convenient to test build scripts against "ags3" branch for a while?

eri0o

Just to update now that this thread is linked

AGS builds from Master branch of the repository are here

The pipelines are configurated by the yaml file .cirrus.yml at AGS repository root. It uses a bunch of docker files to configure the images (which are cached) that taken from the ci/ directory in AGS repository.

I highly recommend to not pick a random build from there and use unless either you really know what you are doing or CW told to do so in the Editor Release thread. If you do, please have backups of your game before doing so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk