Sniper and Spotter Being Patriotic

Started by Blondbraid, Fri 21/08/2015 10:11:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 01/02/2016 22:54:09
Looks awesome!  The mood is spot on and the bloody thing in the bottom left makes it really tense.
Thanks! It's just supposed to be some crumpled sheets, but I did ponder on weather or not to add a few gangrenous limbs sticking out from there!
While I don't have any new screenshots to show for the moment (not without spoiling things anyway), I think it would be fun to share an image which popped into my head a while ago, the spotter using all the waiting time to snore loudly while the sniper very angrily ponders why she can't just go back to kill fascists already.

While it may not be directly related to the game-play, I hope it will give some sense as of what kind of characters you will be playing with! ;)

Blondbraid

New screenshot! The sick-room just got it's first patient, a young lad with a case of shell-shock.

Here's a GIF of the animation I made.

He will not be the only patient down there though...

AnasAbdin

;-D !! Lovely room! One enters in full health and leaves totally sick, there goes the 'sick room' name, wise (laugh)

I see a very well hidden sharp item under the bed!
I also see a sack *gulp* I hope it's not associated with the sharp item :-[

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 10/02/2016 18:57:46
;-D !! Lovely room! One enters in full health and leaves totally sick, there goes the 'sick room' name, wise (laugh)

I see a very well hidden sharp item under the bed!
I also see a sack *gulp* I hope it's not associated with the sharp item :-[

Glad you found it funny! ;-D
If the room looks messy, it's probably because the one nurse haven't gotten time to clear it up, seeing as the time she isn't spending on sawing off gangrenous limbs, she's volunteering to cook food for the soldiers, excessive smoke-breaks excluded.
Luckily for the spotter, he is only there to look for one particular thing he needs before heading back to the warzone. ;)

Also, new screenshot!

Blondbraid

QuoteOne death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
A quote commonly misattributed to Josef Stalin...
Anyway, I have made quite some progress on my game and thought it would be fun to share some numbers to give a sense of the scope of the game.
As of writing, Sniper and spotter being patriotic has:
13 inventory items
19 dialogues
12 characters
20 rooms
And one giant statue of Lenin

When I first started this project I had no idea that it would grow this big, and I will add even more before I finish this game.

And there is a new patient in the sick-room, an unfortunate soldier who lost almost half his leg during an encounter with a tiger.
Spoiler
And not a German one. His nurse theorizes that the animal escaped from a zoo during all the destruction and mayhem in the war.
[close]

CrashPL

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 16/02/2016 20:16:56

When I first started this project I had no idea that it would grow this big, and I will add even more before I finish this game.

Haha, I know what you mean. ;) When we first started Zniw Adventure, we planned for it to be a nice and short adventure game... and now, (almost) two years later the project got, let's say, a bit bigger. :D

As for the new screens - well, judging from that saw under the bed in the sick room, I guess some, er, nifty stuff happened there, eh? ;)
Nice stuff you posted, totally digging that animation style. Keep it up!

Blondbraid

Quote from: CrashPL on Wed 17/02/2016 10:41:49
Haha, I know what you mean. ;) When we first started Zniw Adventure, we planned for it to be a nice and short adventure game... and now, (almost) two years later the project got, let's say, a bit bigger. :D

As for the new screens - well, judging from that saw under the bed in the sick room, I guess some, er, nifty stuff happened there, eh? ;)
Nice stuff you posted, totally digging that animation style. Keep it up!
Thank you, I'm so happy to hear that you like the animation!
Yes, I started with the idea of a short scene about a sniper and later on her companion, and it all grew from there as I wanted to tell how they were introduced to each other and got into the situation. Now I estimate that I have completed about two thirds of the game, and I'm trying not to add more than I can manage. If I were to include every idea I have into the game, I'd have to change my username to Greybraid long before I finish my game! ;-D

AnasAbdin

I bet he's not dreaming about the tiger.
But this guy might have (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 16/02/2016 20:16:56

And there is a new patient in the sick-room, an unfortunate soldier who lost almost half his leg during an encounter with a tiger.
Spoiler
And not a German one. His nurse theorizes that the animal escaped from a zoo during all the destruction and mayhem in the war.
[close]

Either you are a fan of Monty Python or this is an incredible coincidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdk2C25Z14

Blondbraid

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 20/02/2016 12:43:26
Either you are a fan of Monty Python or this is an incredible coincidence
As a matter of fact I quite like Monthy Python, as well as Blackadder, I have a soft spot for British humor i guess! ;)
Though I mostly got the idea from the fact that the Germans named a tank after a large carnivore. This soldier should probably count himself lucky he didn't end up in gorilla-warfare.

Rocchinator

Man your game is growing really good!, When we can see a trailer or a demo?. XD

Blondbraid

Quote from: Rocchinator on Sat 20/02/2016 17:32:51
Man your game is growing really good!, When we can see a trailer or a demo?. XD
So happy to hear that you like it! I don't think that the game will be long enough to be worth the effort of a demo though as it will it can likely be completed in under an hour (but hopefully an very entertaining hour!). I would like to add a trailer, but unfortunately have little to no knowledge on which programs and tools to use in order to make a short film, but if anyone has tips or tutorials to share you are welcome. Otherwise most things have been going well and if no unexpected setbacks turn up I expect I will be able to release the game during this spring.

SilverSpook

Nice job with the injured guy.  You can feel his pain!  Great job, Blondbraid.

Blondbraid

It's been some time now, partially because I'm currently working on quite a large background with lots of details, and as you can see a lot of work remains (Yes, that squiggly line up top is supposed to be the horizon!).

Not to say I haven't had the time to draw a silly little picture of the heroes of the story as well. The sniper sure is a strong female character...
It doesn't really have anything to do with the game, but I thought it was funny. :)

AnasAbdin

Spend as much as you need for this background. Give it time, I'm sure it'll be magnificent ;-D

THIS MADE MY DAY :-D :-D :-D :-D

Blondbraid

This is a screenshot of the background which I've been working on for so long, and rest assured you haven't seem half of it!

Literally, since it it is a rather wide image and the 1024 x 768 resolution will only show half the image at the time in the game, so players will have a bit of exploring to do in order to get the whole picture.

SilverSpook

Epic bombed-out cityscape there!  Very wartorn.

I wonder what the game mechanics will be like as you're trying to get through a warzone like that in an adventure game. :)

AnasAbdin

That horizon ;-D
This is really shaping up amazingly.

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 20/03/2016 06:25:07
That horizon ;-D
This is really shaping up amazingly.
Why, thank you! ;-D
Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 20/03/2016 02:46:22
Epic bombed-out cityscape there!  Very wartorn.

I wonder what the game mechanics will be like as you're trying to get through a warzone like that in an adventure game. :)
To go into deeper detail regarding the gameplay:
It will certainly not be without danger, I'll tell you that! :) I suppose that I might have drawn some inspiration from the old Commandos games, but I also wanted to do a new twist to empathize that you play as a spotter.
Spoiler
German snipers hide in the ruins, but rather than killing them yourself it will be the players job to spot them so that the sniper can shoot them. Think of it as Where's Waldo, but where Waldo shoots you if you can't find him!
[close]

Danvzare

Wow, that background is incredible. I wish I could draw backgrounds that good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk